School of Choice
The Cherry Creek School District allows its resident students to apply for enrollment in the Cherry Creek school/program of their choice. In other words, you may request that your child attend a Cherry Creek school outside your assigned attendance area. The School of Choice applications are an electronic application that you can access online during the month of January from any computer, at any time. Please note that there are NO PAPER FORMS available for the School of Choice application process.
There is a limit of one (1) application per student and all information is verified for accuracy. Applications are considered on a space available, lottery basis with priority given to families with siblings at the school and to the children of employees of the district.
Parents will be notified of the decisions by March 15th and any appeals must be submitted in writing to District Admissions by April 15th. The Appeals Committee will review all letters received, and parents will be notified of the final decision by May 15th.
- Students currently attending a school under School of Choice or an IntraDistrict Transfer approved to the highest grade level do NOT need to submit an application to return to that school next year.
- Non-Resident student applications will be available online starting April 1st.
- Requests to attend preschool, charter schools (Cherry Creek Academy & Heritage Heights Academy) and magnet school (Challenge School) do NOT use the School of Choice process. Please contact the school directly for assistance on their application process.
- There is not a specific "time" that the forms will be made available or removed on Feb 1, so please do not wait until the last minute to submit your application. Late applications cannot be accepted.
- The address you indicate on your form must be current, and must be within the boundaries of Cherry Creek School District.
Families can request that their child attend a school other than their neighborhood school at any time throughout the year. IntraDistrict Transfer requests are available online only and are specific for grade level and school year. Requests are considered on a space availability basis for the grade level needed.
Applications to request either a transfer for the remainder of the 2016-17 SY or for the 2017-18 SY are below. Be sure to select the correct school year on your application for consideration for the correct year.