Gifted and Talented Resources
Suggested Reading (Books)
- Helping Gifted Children Soar, Carol A.Strip with Gretchen Hirsch, Gifted Psychology Press, Inc., 2000.
- Raising Your Spirited Child, Mary Sheedy Kurcinka, Harper Perennial, 1998.
- Re-Forming Gifted Education, Karen B. Rogers, Great Potential Press, Inc., 2001.
- See Jane Win for Girls: A Smart Girl's Guide to Success, Sylvia Rimm, Free Spirit Publishing, 2003.
- Smart Boys: Talent, Manhood, & The Search for Meaning, Barbara A. Kerr and Sanford J. Cohn, Great Potential Press, 2001.
- Some of My Best Friends Are Books, 2nd Ed.: Guiding Gifted Readers from Preschool to High School, Judith Wynn Halsted, Great Potential Press, 2002.
- Stand Up for Your Gifted Child: How to Make the Most of Kids' Strengths at School and at Home, Joan Franklin Smutny, Free Spirit Publishing, 2001.
- The Gifted Kids' Survival Guide: A Teen Handbook, Judy Galbraith and Jim Delisle, Free Spirit Publishing, 1996.
- The Social and Emotional Development of Gifted Children: What Do We Know? Maureen Neihart, Sally Reis, Nancy Robinson, Sidney Moon, National Association for Gifted Children, 1707 L Street, NW, Suite 550, Washington, D.C., 20036, 2002.
- The Teenagers Guide to School Outside the Box, Rebecca Greene, Free Spirit Publishing, 2001.
- Upside-Down Brilliance: The Visual-Spatial Learner, Linda K. Silverman, DeLeon Publishing, 2002.
- When Gifted Kids Don't Have All the Answers, Jim Delisle and Judy Galbraith, Free Spirit Publishing, 2002.
Suggested Reading (Journals, Magazines, Reports)
- Gifted Education Communicator, California Association for the Gifted, 15141 E. Whittier Blvd., Suite 510, Whittier, CA 90603.
- Parenting for High Potential, National Association for Gifted Children, 1707 L Street, NW, Suite 550, Washington, D.C. 20036.
- Roeper Review: A Journal on Gifted Education
- STEMming the Tide: A Colorado Response to the National Crisis in STEM Education, A White Paper on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, The Colorado Association for Gifted and Talented and Center for the Education and Study of the Gifted, Talented, Creative, University of Northern Colorado, Omdal, S; Richards, M; Brennan, D; Gonzales, J, 2006.
- The Templeton National Report on Acceleration
- Understanding Our Gifted, Open Space Communications, Inc., 1900 Folsom, suite 108, Boulder, CO 80302.