Dates for the Summer Session
June 4-8 and June 11-15
Online Registration is now closed
for the Summer Session
Inside Out Summer Session will be at
Laredo Middle School
Jennifer Preskorn, Inside Out registrar, 720-554-5059
What does the INSIDE/OUT Program offer my child?
- Extended learning opportunities for gifted and high potential learners
- Advanced classes offering engaging and challenging material and instruction for motivated learners.
- The theme for all classes is described as "getting inside" - a selected topic, project, area of interest, dilemma, creative expression, science challenge, math game, technical gadget, journalistic endeavor, music machine, performance, space, medical lab, engineer's mind, the law, commercial art, construction design, energy alternatives, leadership, communications, cultures, and endless other possibilities.
- Classes are designed for kindergarten through 8th grade students who have been recommended by the Gifted Education Resource teacher in collaboration with classroom and specials teachers in each school across the district.
Who will teach the INSIDE/OUT classes?
- Certified teachers and technical experts with innovative and instructional skills and the ability to facilitate creative, accelerated, compacted courses for gifted and high potential learners.
- Interested teachers may submit a proposal for facilitating a class in an area of passion or expertise.
- Outside experts and professionals from other fields will be invited to join the class discussions and learning labs to provide in-depth, real world connections related to the class topic.
- Selected high school and college student mentors may also participate as volunteer classroom and program assistants.
How are students recommended for these classes?
- Gifted Education Resource teachers will consult with K-8 classroom teachers and other building specialists for recommendations of students based on interest, motivation, and aptitude. Students who have been identified for Gifted Education services are included for recommendation. If you are interested in your child participating in the INSIDE/OUT Program, please let your school's Gifted Education Resource teacher know.
- Please remember that students are invited to Inside/Out by the Gifted Education Resource teacher or a classroom teacher based on the classes that are being offered during the current session. Keep in mind that your child may or may not be given a registration packet for upcoming sessions. Referrals/recommendations are determined by the child's strengths/abilities; therefore, not every session will offer a class that fits the needs of your child.
- Connect with your child's Gifted Education Resource teacher or classroom teacher at school to discuss classes and your child's needs.
- It is important to be aware that our program offers certain classes each session as well as new classes depending on teacher proposals that have been submitted and meet the expectations and rigor of Inside/Out.
- Due to one or both of the above situations, there is a possibility that participation in a particular session will not be feasible.
Will there be financial assistance for the registration fee?
- Yes, families qualifying for the Free and Reduced Lunch program may receive financial assistance up to 50% off the cost of registration per child.
- If you need to obtain your child's Free/Reduced Lunch Eligibility Form, please contact the Nutrition Center at 720-886-7175. **Our office will need a copy of this form in order to honor the discounted registration fee**
How much will registration cost?
- One week of ONE half-day class (either morning or afternoon): $175.00
- One week of TWO half-day classes (both morning & afternoon): $300.00
What connections will INSIDE/OUT make with home and school?
- INSIDE/OUT instructors will share positive feedback with the students' parents and Gifted Education Resource teachers regarding student strengths, challenges, interests, discoveries, level of engagement, and related resources and connections for further study.
- Gifted Education Resource teachers may use the instructional feedback from INSIDE/OUT as a guide for further differentiation and focus at school. Student information resulting from these classes may be included in student profiles for consideration in the Gifted Education identification process and for student placement and development of learning plans at the school site.
- Parents of participating students will also have the opportunity to network with each other and receive information and resources from the Office of Gifted Education and Advanced Learning.
*Special Note: Current schedules, registration fees, and program sites may change from year to year as programs develop over time.