Cherry Creek School District Spelling Bee
Friday, January 26, 2018
Student Achievement Resource Center (SARC)
14188 E. Briarwood Avenue, Centennial
- Students who are participating in the All District Spelling Bee should arrive at SARC between 8:30-9:00am.
- Students will not be admitted after 9:15am and will not be eligible to participate. It is important that your student arrive on time.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their child to and from the Spelling Bee. District does not provide transportation. Please check with your school sponsor if other arrangements need to be made
- You are encouraged to drop your student off in the main lobby. They will be directed to the conference room where they will locate their school's sponsor and seating table.
- Parents may stay until 9:10 am, at which time we will begin the written testing session.
Pick Up Information
- At approximately 12:30 pm, students/sponsors will contact parents with the results of the morning written tests.
- Students who will not be participating in the afternoon oral bee should be picked up by parents at 12:30pm. You will be directed to the conference room where you will locate your school table, check out with the sponsor, and exit through the side doors. Students should return to their school for the remainder of the day.
- If your child qualifies for the Oral Spelling Bee, you are encouraged to come and support them during the afternoon spelling session. We will begin at approximately 1:00 pm and conclude with the awards presentation around 3:00-3:30 pm.
- If schools are on a "delayed start" due to weather, we will follow the elementary schedule, which is a 1 hour delay.
- In the event that the district declares a "snow day" on January 26, the All District Bee will be held on February 2 at SARC, following the same schedule.
Colorado State Spelling Bee
- Cherry Creek will send the top 20 finalists from our District Bee to compete at the state level. If your student qualifies for the State Bee, please be sure that you complete and turn in a Registration Form prior to leaving SARC.
- The State Bee will take place on Saturday, March 10, 2018 at Sturm Hall on the University of Denver campus.
Please contact the Spelling Bee sponsor at your school with any questions.