The 21st Century Task Force Team (21TFT) was established to define and design a 21st century experience for our students. The 21TFT is comprised of teachers within the Cherry Creek School District to address specific objectives that would define this future experience. These objectives are as follows…
- Define a shared definition of 21st century learning.
- Define and design classroom management and the physical environment.
- Define and design 21st century instruction for content areas, emphasizing Inquiry/Project Based Learning and the Colorado Academic Standards.
- Define and design digital content management options/strategy.
- Develop and integrate a system of safety within a 21st century experience
- Define and design strategies to assist parents to manage a 21st century experience at home.
- Define and design effective assessment and reflection for both school and classroom levels implementing Observational Protocol.
- Define and design an effective professional development implementation plan (expectations and options).
To date, four objectives have been addressed and two of them have been completed. Results for the two are below…
Definition of 21st Century Learning
A 21st Century learning experience is one where facilitators leverage technology
to engage students and deepen their learning by merging high order thinking
skills, problem-based inquiry, and authentic application of concepts allowing
the learner to collaborate, critically think, create, and contribute globally.
Designing a digital content management strategy