The Cherry Creek School District is sending a record number of teams to what may be the largest Destination ImagiNation (DI) Global Finals ever! More than 8,000 students on 1,400 teams will compete in the Global Finals May 20-26 at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. Among them will be 13 teams from Cherry Creek Schools, the most that have ever qualified for the Global Finals.
“That’s a testament to the quality of the work our students are doing, as well as the support they’re getting from their teachers and parent volunteers,” said Pearl Schwartz, who, along with Maureen Dewar, are DI regional directors for Cherry Creek Schools. “Our students are demonstrating outstanding creativity, collaboration and critical thinking as they work on their challenges and presentations.”
|Effervescent from West Middle School||DIrregulars from Cherry Creek High School||The Avengers from Smoky Hill High School|
The CCSD teams heading to the Global Finals are:
• Artsy with a Chance of Cheese Balls from Cherry Hills Village
• Pandemonium Past People from Cherry Hills Village Elementary
• Seven Extreme DI-Gestion Cougar Peeps from Creekside Elementary
• Robot Turtles from Willow Creek Elementary
• The Dramatic Poses from Campus Middle School
• DI Dodo Doctor from Sky Vista Middle School
• Challenge Busters from West Middle School
• Effervescent from West Middle School
• DIrregulars from Cherry Creek High School
• Edible from Cherry Creek High School
• Jelly of the Month Club from Cherry Creek High School
• You Wouldn't Get it, It's an Inside Joke from Cherry Creek High School
• The Avengers from Smoky Hill High School
Destination ImagiNation is a cause-driven, volunteer-led non-profit organization dedicated to teaching students the creative process through STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), the arts and service learning Challenges. For more than 30 years, DI has helped more than 1.5 million kids tap into their creativity and learn the skills they need to build successful careers.
Posted May 8, 2014.