Nine students from the Cherry Creek School District have been elected to statewide leadership positions in Career and Technical Student Organizations including DECA (an association of marketing students), FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America) and TSA (Technology Student Association).
• Mallory Plachy, Cherry Creek High School - DECA
• Cameron Bergan, Cherokee Trail High School - DECA
• Nishtha Kochhar, Cherokee Trail High School - FBLA
• Ryan Wetherbie, Grandview High School – FBLA
• Victoria Conner, Cherry Creek High School - FCCLA
• TSA-Michael Whittaker, Cherokee Trail High School - TSA
• Braden Moore, Grandview High School - TSA
• Cassidy Basham, Smoky Hill High School - TSA
• Hailee Tawzer, Smoky Hill High School - TSA
Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSO) integrate into Career and Technical Education programs and courses across the country. They extend teaching and learning through innovative programs, business and community partnerships and leadership experiences at the school, state and national levels.
The students leading those statewide organizations represent thousands of their peers across Colorado. For example, DECA has 7,856 students in Colorado. FBLA has 6,775 students. Some 2,446 students are involved in FCCLA in Colorado and about 1,800 students participate in TSA statewide.
“We are very proud to have nine Colorado state officers who have been elected to represent their respective student organizations at the state level,” said Jay Moore, director of Career and Technical Education for Cherry Creek Schools. “It is an honor to have such a strong student leadership from our programs across the district.”
The Cherry Creek School District has an outstanding Career and Technical Education program that helps students prepare for higher education and rewarding careers in a wide variety of fields ranging from architecture and aviation to criminal justice and computer science to engineering and health care.
For more information about Career and Technical Education in Cherry Creek Schools, visit http://www.cherrycreekschools.org/CTE/Pages/default.aspx.