What an honor to participate in graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2014. As a group you seem to embody the Cherry Creek mission statement: “To inspire every student to think, to learn, to achieve, to care.” You have earned $54 million dollars in college scholarships to continue your learning, you have achieved excellence on stages, fields and gyms, and you have demonstrated your caring by your efforts to improve our community. I hope our district has given you a solid foundation as you continue to grow as a learner, and a citizen, and a person.
As a district we are proud of your accomplishments and wish you success as you continue your journey. I am sure that you will face challenges and obstacles as you continue, and I offer Winston Churchill’s sage advice, “Never, never, never give up!”
Dr. Harry Bull
Facts about the Class of 2014
• Graduated 3,979 students
• Earned more than $54 million in college scholarships, including 2 Boettcher Scholars, 3 College Board National Hispanic Recognition Recipients, 4 National Achievement Scholars, 12 Daniels Fund Scholars, 13 Military Academy appointments, and 33 National Merit Finalists
• Took more than 9,900 Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate classes during their high school careers
• Won team or individual state championships in a myriad of sports and activities, including DECA and Speech and Debate.
• Earned All-State honors in band, choir, jazz band and orchestra
• Performed a variety of classic and contemporary plays and musicals
• Raised thousands of dollars and volunteered thousands of hours for organizations including the Make A Wish Foundation, Children’s Hospital, Food Bank of the Rockies, the Bonfils Blood Center, the Denver Dumb Friends League, and many more.
Posted June 3, 2014.