To inspire every student to think, to learn, to achieve, to care
~ Determining the Future of Cherry Creek Schools ~
Our students are our future. Join us for an important conversation to further our vision of dedicated to excellence and foster the best possible opportunities for success for all students. We'll talk about what students should know, understand and be able to do when they graduate as they prepare for college and careers as we update our graduation requirements.
We need to hear your voices. What are your hopes and dreams for your child? What kinds of opportunities will your child need to be successful? Working together we can help make all their dreams come true.
The next CCSD2021 meetings will be held tomorrow, September 1, 2015, from 7-9 p.m. at Overland High School in the lecture center, and Thursday Sept, 3, 2015, from 7-9 p.m. at Eaglecrest high School in the lecture center.
If you can't join us this week, there is one more opportunity later this month and another in October.
- 7 p.m. Monday September 21 Smoky Hill High School
- 7 p.m. Tuesday October 20 Cherokee Trail High School
To get the conversation started, think about the following questions:
- What are the hopes, dreams and desires that you have for students as learners?
- What skills/knowledge/attitudes or behaviors/dispositions will a successful graduate in the year 2021 need to possess to be college and career ready?
- What specialized programming options may need to be created for students to be college and career ready?
After a brief presentation, participants will be asked to break into small groups so that everyone will have a chance to be heard.
In addition to the meetings we also will:
- Solicit feedback from Cherry Creek School District graduates to determine their level of preparation for college and career.
- Engage with internal and external experts on systems, structures and programming necessary to prepare all students for a successful future.
- Review literature and current research on best practices and college and career readiness.
At the end of the process, we will present a report to the community of our shared vision of CCSD2021.
We hope to see you in person, but if you can't make any of the meetings, please complete our brief online survey.
We can't wait to hear from you!