Ron Garcia y Ortiz
Athletic Office Secretary
Head Athletic Trainer
Interscholastic Athletic/Activity Handbook 2011-2012
Things to Do BEFORE Trying Out for Athletics
- Download Athletic Registration Forms
- Print all forms and fill out completely, including all signatures
- Schedule and obtain a sports physical (physical must be given and
forms signed by an M.D., D.O., P.A., or N.P.). No chiropractic physicians are allowed!
- Pay $90.00 Athletic Participation Fee to the Bookkeeping Office and
obtain a receipt
- Bring complete Athletic Registration Forms and Bookkeeper's receipt
to the Athletic Office.
Important Dates and Deadlines
All of the above MUST be completed before students can participate:
- First Practice for Fall Sports: 8/13/12 (Boys Golf 8/6/12)
- First Practice for Winter Sports: 11/9/12
- First Practice for Spring Sports: 2/25/13
- A $90.00 athletic fee will be charged to each athlete for each sport in
which they participate. There is no family maximum cost.
- In order to receive an athletic fee waiver, the athletic office requires
a copy of your free and reduced lunch application.
- The $90.00 athletic fee for all participating athletes in each sport
must be collected prior to an athletes participation in any sport.
- REFUND POLICY: An athlete who is cut, or who leaves the sport on
or before the 15th calendar day following the start date of the sport,
may request a full refund.
- If an athlete leaves a team after the 15th calendar day following the
start date of the sport, no refund will be given.
The CHSAA 5A Centennial League consists of teams from eight schools:
- Arapahoe High School
- Cherokee Trail High School
- Cherry Creek High School
- Eaglecrest High School
- Grandview High School
- Mullen High School
- Overland High School
- Smoky Hill High School