Five Goals: Awareness, Alignment, Acquisition of Skills, Action and
Increase Awareness systematically
· Engage in needs assessments to endure that our work is thoughtfully determined and guided by knowledge of our strengths and areas for growth.
· Design a layered and targeted communication plan to keep our various stakeholders informed of our work.
· Create an understanding of the interrelated nature of comprehensive wellness. Simply put, the part can never be whole until the whole is well.
· Establish the link to academics and achievement at we know that healthy kids learn better.
· Underscore the importance of modeling and balance as they relate to our vision.
· Foster an understanding that equity plays a role as there exist complex socio-economic and race related barriers to wellness.
· Utilize social norming approaches, combined with local data, as mechanisms to inform change.
Improve Alignment to maximize efficiency
· Ensure that continuity is maximized through commitment and collaboration at all levels – individual, school, district, community.
· Adopt a plan that instills a shared language and establishes universal expectations.
· Allow for flexibility of means by adapting to individuals school’s culture, climate and diversity of needs through the development and dissemination of a best practices tool box.
Implement programs and practices that support the Acquisition of Skills
· Recognize that comprehensive wellness is not achieved by chance but rather through deliberate effort.
· Acknowledge that the ability to put forth effort is often based in possessing certain skills. These skills can and ought to be taught both directly through instruction and indirectly through modeling. Supportive relationships are essential to skill development as are opportunities for practice and repetition.
Create Action to realize our vision
· Set direction based in needs and driven by data.
· Implement research-based and effective programs, practices, routines and behaviors.
· Support sustainability through training, consultation and sharing of best practices.
Integrate Accountability throughout the process
· Measure, monitor and evaluate our progress.
· Assess whether programs and practices are implemented with fidelity and if they are effective. Ask, “Did we do what we said we were going to do?” and “Did it work?” Adjust accordingly.
· Report our outcomes.
· Celebrate our successes.