Updated by 6:00 a.m. daily.
Translate this page with Google Translate
In the event of a weather delay or closure, parents will be notified via the Blackboard Connect phone message system. (Read how the district makes the decision to delay or close schools)
|“We are in the business of holding school, so as long
as conditions are safe, we will hold school. However, I encourage you, as
parents, to make the best decision for your family. If you decide to
keep your children home, they will be excused.”|
~ Dr. Harry
Bull, Superintendent of Cherry Creek Schools
Parents can also call the Weather Delay and Closure Line:
WHEN A SCHOOL IS CLOSED:
- Before and After School Day Care Programs at the closed schools will be canceled and closed.
- All activities scheduled in District facilities are canceled.
- In-District sports events and team practices are postponed.
WHEN A SCHOOL IS ON DELAYED START:
- High School bus pickup and school start times are delayed 1/2 hour (30 minutes).
- Elementary School bus pickup and school start times are delayed 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Middle School bus pickup and school start times are delayed 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Challenge School start time is delayed 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Cherry Creek Academy delayed start time is 9 a.m.
- I-TEAM program start times are delayed 1/2 hour (30 minutes).
- Endeavor Academy delayed start time is 8:25 a.m. and bus pickup times are 1 hour later than normal.
- Transition Center delayed start time is 10:20 a.m.
- Joliet Learning Center bus pickup and school start times are delayed 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Out-of-District Programs bus pickup and school start times are delayed 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Vocational bus pickup and school start times are delayed 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Expulsion program operates on a normal schedule.
- Preschool (AM Only) NO bus transportation to or from school - school start times are delayed 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Kindergarten (AM Take-Home ONLY) buses will depart school at their regular times.
- Before and After School Daycare programs operate on a normal schedule.
- Facility Shuttles are cancelled.
- Afternoon dismissal times will be the same as usual for all schools unless otherwise announced.
If serious storm conditions or other emergency situations develop during the day, the district will monitor the situation and advise affected schools and the transportation department as soon as possible, of a decision to dismiss school early. When this decision is made, this information will be posted on this web site, recorded on the applicable area hotline and sent to the media as soon as possible.
In case of dangerous weather warnings or other dangerous conditions, a school may hold students past their dismissal time for safety reasons. This information will be posted on this web site, recorded on the applicable hotline, and sent to the radio and television stations as soon as possible.
Parents are urged to make contingency plans for their child(ren) in the event of an emergency. Arrangements should be made for the child(ren) to go to a neighbor's house, or to have access to the home with directions for contacting a parent.
In no case will an elementary school child be released to a person without proper identification and clearance from the school office.
We understand that some parents may make a different decision for their families. If you feel the weather is too severe to send your child to school, please call your school's attendance line and let them know your child will be staying home. The absence will be excused.