Dear Preschool Families,
In preparation for the 2020-2021 school year the Early Childhood Education (Preschool) department is creating multiple plans to meet the needs of all our children and their families. These different plans will help us to be ready for different scenarios that could possibly come our way during the fall of 2020. We are developing plans for Online Learning, Blended Learning, In-Person Learning, and Post Covid-19 Learning. Please take a moment to visit The Cherry Creek School District web page to learn more about the plans the district is developing. This website is intended to keep the Cherry Creek Schools community informed and engaged as we move through the summer months and look toward restarting school in August 2020.
This communication is to begin to outline the plan for In-Person Learning with the hope that this will be our model in the fall. When our students return to preschool we will be following the most up to date guidelines from The Colorado Department of Education, The Public Health departments, and Colorado’s Office of Early Childhood, Department of Human Services. These requirements can change at any moment so we will be flexible and make adjustments as appropriate. We ask that you be flexible and patient with us as we all adjust to life during a worldwide pandemic.
· 4 Days a week of in-person Learning, Monday-Thursday. This is our typical preschool model.
· AM Session 8:00am-10:55pm (8:00-8:15am is flexible drop off time)
· PM Session 11:50am -2:30pm (2:30pm-2:45pm is flexible pick up time)
Safety Precautions for In-Person Learning
· No large-scale face-to-face events.
· Staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment.
· Preschool students will not be required to wear masks.
· Temperature checks will happen for staff and students.
· Drop Off and Pick Up sign in/out procedures will happen outside with parents remaining 6 feet apart.
· Handwashing and regular sanitizing/disinfecting will be practiced throughout the day.
· Individual classes will be kept separate from other classes.
· Classrooms will be cleared of non-essential furniture and items to maximize space for students.
· Toys or materials will be used by individual students and kept separate from the other children to the greatest extent possible.
· Very limited classroom/school volunteers or visitors. Parents will likely not be allowed in the classroom.
· Recess will be managed to support physical distancing by class.
· Snacks and water bottles will be individual and will be provided daily by families.
· An Arts and Crafts supplies list will be provided to families. We are asking that these supplies remain in the child’s backpack and will be used daily only by the individual child.
· Palooza has been canceled. This large-scale event that was scheduled for August 10th has been officially canceled.
· The classroom Meet and Greets have been canceled. This time scheduled for August 14th has been officially canceled.
· First day of preschool is August 24th. This is a change from August 18th.
· Individual Parent/Teacher 1 hour Meet and Greet appointments will be scheduled with each family during the week of August 17th.
· Tuition Families: If you have a tuition student, Your first payment is due July 24, 2020. Your second payment is due September 1, 2020. Click here for more details. https://www.cherrycreekschools.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=69&ModuleInstanceID=13232&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15483&PageID=131
Individual Parent/Teacher Meet and Greet Appointments:
The first day of preschool is a magical day filled with a range of emotions for both the child and the parents. In today’s pandemic world we still want to do everything we can to ensure that this experience is positive and that both the child and the parents feel comfortable and excited with their new adventure. Due to restrictions on large group events and on limiting visitors in the classrooms we have to cancel our Meet and Greet open houses, our Paoloza and we have to restrict parents from being in the classroom. That leaves us no time for students and parents to meet their preschool team and to see the classroom. We believe it would be unrealistic to expect our students to walk into their classroom on the first day with no prior knowledge of the environment or of the staff and still find success. Therefore, we would like to shift the first day of preschool to August 24th. During the week of August 17th each family will have the opportunity to meet with the preschool team in the classroom. Parents will receive information from the child’s teacher the week of August 10th to schedule the appointment. We ask that no more than 2 adults and the preschool student attend these appointments. The adults must wear masks. Temperature checks will occur prior to entering the classroom. The common space will be cleaned in between each appointment. During your appointment you can expect the following:
· Introduction to your child’s teacher and members of the team. This is a great opportunity for parents to take a first day of school photo.
· Time for you to share with the teacher your hopes and dreams for your child.
· Time for you to get all your questions answered.
· Tour of the classroom with explanations for the safety procedures.
· Practice some routines including coming into the classroom, washing hands, hanging up backpack, etc.
· Parents will turn in their child’s health appraisal. The form is attached
· Forms to be complete by the parent.
· An introduction to Seesaw, the learning platform we will likely use in the event of a shift to remote learning.
Please continue to monitor your emails for further communications. It is important that you keep your parent forms updated to ensure you receive these emails. You can login to the system at https://my.cherrycreekschools.org. A step by step guide to completing these forms can be found here: https://co50000184.schoolwires.net/Page/4011. Attached to this communication is a new calendar that reflects August 24th as the first day of school and the health appraisal that must be signed by your medical provider and turned in at your Meet and Greet appointment. We are excited to have your child in preschool and we look forward to our partnership with you.
Stacey Peoples, Director of Early Childhood Education, CCSD