Communication and Partnership
- Use the Polton Website for relevant information about our school-calendar
- Use Schoology and Planners for information about your child’s classroom.
- Planners need to be checked and signed/initialed every night. These will communicate daily about homework and keep track of reading minutes.
- Friday Folders include student work and information about upcoming events.
- Monthly newsletter will keep you informed of current subjects we are studying.
- Let us know how we can best support your student at school. We will count on you to support your student at home with homework.
- Science - Environments, Magnetism and Electricity, Sun Moon and Planets
- Math - Bridges, with an emphasis on multiplication, division, fractions, and word problems
- Social Studies - Colorado History
- Literacy - Writing, Reading, and Spelling
- Specials - MAP Music, Art, P.E.
- Second Step- Social Emotional Learning Curriculum
- W.I.N- tiered reading interventions
- Math - This will be either a practice page from Bridges or practicing math facts.
- Reading - 20 minutes every night = Weekly goal of 1 hour.
- Spelling - Choice Menu will be sent home for spelling activities. New lists will be sent home on a biweekly basis. Students will get homework on Monday and it is due on Friday.
- 8:00-8:20 Morning meeting
- 8:35-9:05 P.A.W.S
- 9:05-9:35 Writing
- 9:35-10:05 Science/Social Studies
- 10:05-10:50 Math
- 10:55-11:40 Specials
- 11:45-12:20 Read Aloud & Workshop
- 12:25-1:25 Recess/Lunch
- 1:30-2:05 W.I.N
- 2:10-2:40 Reading Small Group
- 2:45 Dismissal
Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS)
- Warm Heartedness
We celebrate success in many ways!
- P.A.W.S. Awards
- Monthly Assemblies
- Student of the Week Awards
- Whole class and grade level reward celebrations
Last Modified on June 8, 2022