Academic and PRIDE Awards
Quarterly Academic Awards
Every quarter students are honored with a certificate of academic achievement for making the Honor Roll and/or the Growth Honor Roll.
Honor Roll is a quarterly award that recognizes students for achieving a 3.5-3.99 or a 4.0 or higher the previous quarter.
Growth Honor Roll recognizes students who show an improvement in academic growth of .5 in their GPA from the previous quarter, or an increase of three letter grades. NOTE: students who are recognized for growth honor roll can also be recognized for the academic honor roll.
End of Year Awards Night
Our Liberty Academic and PRIDE Awards ceremony will continue our tradition of honoring many of our deserving Liberty students in both areas of academics as well as PRIDE. While our awards night continues to evolve, we honor our students in the following categories:
- Cumulative GPA awards for students who have a combined GPA of 4.0 through three quarters for 6th grade, seven quarters for 7th grade, and 11 quarters for 8th grade
- Cumulative GPA awards for students who have a combined GPA of 3.75-3.99 GPA through three quarters for 6th grade, seven quarters for 7th grade, and 11 quarters for 8th grade
- President’s Award for Academic Excellence (8th grade students only)
- Students have obtained a 3.5 GPA or higher for 10 previous quarters of middle school and earned a 90% or higher on a nationally-normed test in the areas of Math or Reading
- Extra-curricular awards NOTE: the extra-curricular awards may vary year to year.
- PRIDE Awards—Students will be honored in the five areas of Liberty PRIDE: Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Discipline, and Excellence. This process begins in March with a nomination process that is open to students, staff, and the community, and culminates at our Awards ceremony in May.