Our Highline Vision, Mission, Beliefs & Commitments
We cultivate our community of learners with a sense of belonging and curiosity. We instill a passion and stamina for learning to continue our intellectual, social, and emotional development to create an inclusive, anti-racist world.
Share your story - Power your potential!
- We believe all students deserve access to rigorous instruction.
- We believe all students can achieve high levels of learning.
- We believe in partnership with families.
- We believe we can learn from everyone’s story and listen with empathy.
- We believe it is our collective responsibility to dismantle systemic racism in our learning community.
Our Commitments to the Greater Highline Community:
- We commit to the continuous development of independent learners by challenging our students with rigorous, engaging learning experiences.
- We commit to building, fostering, and nurturing relationships with students, families, and each other.
- We commit to examining our own implicit biases in order to develop our racial and linguistic consciousness to be anti-racist educators.
- We commit to understanding each student’s story and their needs to support the whole child in a physically and emotionally safe learning environment.
- We commit to including, affirming, and valuing our community.