7th and 8th Grade Spanish 1
This course emphasizes instruction for students with little or no background in the target language. We follow a Spanish curriculum along with a variety of other materials. The primary focus is on listening, comprehension, oral proficiency, the study of basic grammatical structures, and cultural appreciation. Regular homework is assigned.
Beginning of the year
- Students learn/review basic topics of the Spanish language.
Greetings & Goodbyes - Numbers - Colors - Alphabet
Mis amigos y yo
- Talk about activities
Students will be able to express likes and dislikes
- Talk about your school day
Students will be able to talk about school subjects, activities, the order of things, and describe their classes.
- Talk about classroom items
Students will be able to talk about classroom objects, location and to indicate possession.
- Talk about places to visit on vacation
- Talk about eating and drinking
**Unfortunately we couldn’t have Spanish 2 class in our school due to the Covid 19 situation. We will be looking to open the course next year for the seven grade students that are attending the class with me now. Here is how our Spanish 2 course will be:
8th Grade Spanish 2 Pre-Requisite: Completion of Spanish 1
This course is a continuation of Spanish I. Students use their foundation knowledge to continue to expand their ability to listen, read, write, and orally communicate in the target language.
- This class is a continuation of Spanish 1. At the end of the year, the students will be ready to take Spanish 2 which is comparable to sophomore level Spanish in High School.