Concurrent & Dual Enrollment
The CCIC offers Concurrent and Dual Enrollment courses, which offer students an opportunity earn high school credit, while at the same time earn college credits in a variety of Career & Technical Education courses. Concurrent Enrollment courses are tuition-free courses that offer college credit at a local community college. Dual Enrollment courses offer students college credit at a local university, with a minimal fee for the student. All Concurrent and Dual Enrollment courses are taught by CCSD teachers who have been approved as adjunct professors by an accredited community college or university.
Who can enroll in Concurrent/Dual Enrollment courses?
- Students in grades 9-12, who are under the age of 21
- Students who receive approval for the class as part of their Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP)
- Students who meet the minimum prerequisites for the course
Steps to Enroll in a Concurrent/Dual Enrollment course: (note: your teacher will provide additional information at the beginning of the course.)
- Enroll in the course with your home high school, meeting all prerequisites.
- Apply to the college associated with the course. CCIC has Concurrent Enrollment with Arapahoe Community College, Pueblo Community College and Community College of Aurora and Dual Enrollment with Metropolitan State University. Arapahoe Community College Step-by-Step Application Guide
- Apply to College Opportunity Fund (COF). Information about COF can be found here: https://cof.college-assist.org/
- Complete CCSD Concurrent/Dual Enrollment Student Agreement.
- Upon completion of the course, check college transcripts with associated college.
Concurrent and Dual Enrollment courses provide an excellent opportunity for students to earn college credits for their future education. Ensure that you check with the institute of higher education to determine how they will accept concurrent or dual enrollment credits.
**Concurrent Enrollment college credit is subject to course and teacher approval and completion of all required registration steps by the majority of the class within the designated semester deadline. Courses may be subject to cancellation for Concurrent Enrollment college credit due to unforeseen changes**
Concurrent & Dual Enrollment Courses at CCIC
Concurrent Enrollment through Arapahoe Community College
Concurrent Enrollment Through Community College of Denver
Concurrent Enrollment through Pueblo Community College
Dual Enrollment through Metropolitan State University