Creek Counseling & Mental Health
At Cherry Creek High School we are fortunate to have 13 counselors and 4 mental health staff to support the social-emotional and academic needs of our students. Our counselors are here to help with questions regarding your students' graduation requirements, schedules and post-secondary planning. They are also available for questions related to academic and social-emotional support if needed.
Our Mental Health team works with students and families requiring additional support. Their primary duties are related to crisis support and intervention and working with our students with disabilities.
The mission of CCHS counselors is to prepare ALL students to be college/career ready by planning a meaningful course of study, assisting students to academically achieve, and helping them grow and develop as lifelong learners.
EACH STUDENT IS SUPPORTED IN:
- to acquire academic behaviors and strategies for success in key content area with emphasis on writing skills, reading skills, and algebraic concepts
- to develop post high school goals
- to create a yearly action plan
- to understand college entrance and costs
- to gain knowledge and develop interpersonal skills
- to understand and respect oneself and others