School of Choice
School of Choice is available for the 2020-2021 school year for district residents only.
The Cherry Creek School District gives its district residents the opportunity to apply for enrollment in the Cherry Creek school/program of their choice. Families may request that their child attend a Cherry Creek school outside the assigned attendance area. The School of Choice application is available online during the month of January. There is not a specific time that the forms will be made available or removed on Feb 1st. Please do not wait until the last minute to submit your application as late applications will not be accepted.
There are NO PAPER FORMS available for the School of Choice application process.
Applications are considered based on lottery and space availability. Priority is given to students with siblings currently attending the requested school and projected to return the following year. Priority is also given to children of district employees. There is a limit of one (1) application per student and all information is verified for accuracy.
Parents are notified of the results by March 15th. Appeals may be submitted in writing to District Admissions by April 15th. The Appeals Committee will review all letters received, and parents will be notified of the final decision by May 15th.
- Non district residents - The School of Choice application is only available for current district residents. If you currently do not live in the Cherry Creek School District, please find out about our Non-Resident application here.
- Preschool – The School of Choice application is not for preschool students. Please contact Early Childhood Education for more information.
- Charter and Magnet schools – The School of Choice application is not available for Cherry Creek Academy, Heritage Heights Academy nor Challenge School. Please contact the schools directly for assistance on their application process.
- Previously approved students - Students currently attending a school under School of Choice or an IntraDistrict Transfer approved to the highest grade level do NOT need to submit an application to return to that school next year.
- Current address - The address on the application must be current, and must be within the boundaries of Cherry Creek School District.
Submit your School of Choice application here. (This form is not supported by Internet Explorer.)