School of Choice
School of Choice Applications are available in January only. Results will be released in early March.
NOTE: Current Elevation (middle and high school) or Cherry Creek Online (elementary students) for the 20/21 school year: If your student was accepted to a school on School of Choice or IntraDistrict transfer to the highest grade level, families do not need to apply again. Students will be returned to their managing school.
The Cherry Creek School District gives its district residents the opportunity to apply for enrollment in the Cherry Creek school/program of their choice. Families may request that their child attend a Cherry Creek school outside the assigned attendance area. The School of Choice application is available online during the month of January. Late applications will not be accepted.
There are NO PAPER FORMS available for the School of Choice application process.
Applications are considered based on lottery and space availability. Priority is given to students with siblings currently attending the requested school and approved to return the following year. Priority is also given to children of district employees. There is a limit of one (1) application per student and all information is verified for accuracy. Addresses must be up to date in order to be considered for School of Choice.
Parents are notified of the results by March 15th. Appeals may be submitted in writing to District Admissions by April 15th. The Appeals Committee will review all letters received, and parents will be notified of the decision by May 15th.
- Non district residents - The School of Choice application is only available for current district residents. If you currently do not live in the Cherry Creek School District, please find out about our Non-Resident application here.
- Preschool – The School of Choice application is not for preschool students. Please contact Early Childhood Education for more information.
- Charter and Magnet schools – The School of Choice application is not available for Cherry Creek Academy, Challenge School, Colorado Skies, Heritage Heights Academy, Elevation or CC Online. Please contact the schools directly for assistance on their application process.
- Previously approved students - Students currently attending a school under School of Choice or an IntraDistrict Transfer approved to the highest grade level do NOT need to submit an application to return to that school next year.
- Current address - The address on the application must be current, and must be within the boundaries of Cherry Creek School District.
Submit your School of Choice application here from January 1-31 only. (This form is not supported by Internet Explorer.)