Families in Transition (McKinney-Vento)
The Homeless Liaison assists families and children by providing essential educational supports. The primary objective is to remove educational barriers that prevent homeless children from having a successful school experience.
Contact the liaison at any time for assistance with:
- school enrollment and advocacy
- backpack/school supplies
- free breakfast and lunch assistance
- school transportation help
- community resources for emergency assistance
The school district is not able to pay rent, provide eviction assistance or motel vouchers. We have gathered many great community emergency resources, and listed them in the Resources for Families booklet. Included are resources for assistance with housing, health care, food banks, clothing banks, employment, child care and many emergency related services.
Families with Transitional Housing Situations:
Due to the COVID virus, life has changed for many of our families. If your living situation has changed for any of the following reasons, please text, email or call Leslie Navarro-Walker (CCSD Homeless and Community Engagement Specialist) at 303-681-4513 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Do any of the following apply to the current housing situation for the student?
- In an emergency or transitional shelter,
- In a motel, hotel or campsite due to lack of alternative, adequate accommodations,
- In a car, park, temporary RV, abandoned building, substandard housing, public or private space not designated for human beings or similar setting,
- Living with another family due to loss of housing or economic hardship; "doubled-up."
Your school-age children may qualify for certain rights and protections under federal laws.
Hunger Free Hotline
Call the Hunger Free Hotline toll-free at (855) 855-4626 to be connected to food resources in Colorado.
Visit Arapasource.org for a comprehensive list of local resources in Arapahoe County.