Through a partnership with Microsoft, the Cherry Creek School District is now providing students and staff the opportunity to download and install Microsoft Office at no cost to them!
The Microsoft Program allows students and staff to access the latest version of Office. Students and staff can use their Cherry Creek School District account to download and install a full version of Microsoft Office software, including: Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook and more!
It can be installed on up to 5 computers, including Macs and Windows-based devices, and used on up to 5 mobile devices, including iOS and Android devices.
The software will stay active as long as the student remains enrolled with the Cherry Creek School District or as long as the staff member is employed with the District. After installation, the computer will need to be connected to the Internet at least every 30 days to verify they are still eligible for the program, though no action is needed other than being connected to the internet.
Download and Install Office for PC or Mac
Note: you should uninstall other versions of Office before you proceed.
Instructions to Install Office for PC
- Go to website http://aka.ms/myofficeeverywhere from the computer you want to install Office on.
- Enter your Cherry Creek School District email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the field that indicates your work or school account. When you move to the password field the screen will redirect to https://my.cherrycreekschools.org. This is normal. At the my.cherrycreekschools.org logon screen input your credentials and click the Log In button.
- Select your desired Language and Version (if you are installing Office for Windows, Microsoft recommends using the 32-bit installation).
- Click on install to download and install the latest version of Office.
Instructions to Install Office for MAC
- Install Office.
- Open one of the applications such as Word or PowerPoint.
- Click on the box titled Sign In.
- When asked what email address or phone number you would like to use to sign in, type in your complete Cherry Creek email address (email@example.com).
- Click on the button titled Next.
- The next screen will redirect to the Cherry Creek portal.
- Log in with your complete Cherry Creek email address and your current password.
- After you log in, the Office installation will activate.
Please note that you do not need a product key. You should activate your Office 365 Pro Plus installation with your CCSD account (firstname.lastname@example.org) and CCSD password.
Click on this link to check Minimum System Requirements. If your computer is not compatible with the latest version of Office, you can choose to select the previous version at the bottom of the screen.
If you experience trouble installing the software, click on this link to learn how to troubleshoot your Office installation.
Download and Install Office for Android or iOS devices
- Go to your app store on your mobile device (iTunes for iOS devices, Google Play for Android devices).
- Search for Office Mobile for Office 365 Subscribers (Note: on iPad, you may need to change search setting to "iPhone apps only". The iPhone app can be used on iPads, but is not compatible on first and second generation iPads.).
- Install the app on your device.
- After the installation is complete, open the app.
- When prompted, enter your complete CCSD email address (email@example.com). Select Organization account and type your CCSD email password.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I keep my license for Office 365 through the Microsoft Program?
Current Cherry Creek School District Students and staff are eligible for the Office 365 ProPlus license through the Microsoft Program. You must connect to the Internet once every 30 days to verify you are still eligible for the program. Students who graduate or who are no longer enrolled in the district will lose their license, as will staff members who are no longer employed by the District. When the license expires, you will retain read-only access to your Microsoft Office files.
What is included with Office 365 ProPlus subscription license?
- Office 365 ProPlus for PC
- Office 365 ProPlus for Mac
- Office Mobile for iPhone
- Office Mobile for Android
How many devices can I install the software on?
Each subscription license allows you to install Microsoft Office on up to five computers. You can also run Office Mobile for Android or iPhone on up to five mobile devices.
Can I deactivate an installation to install it on another?
If you've already installed the latest version of Office with Office 365 on five computers and you want to install Office on a sixth computer, you can do that by first deactivating an installation on one of your current computers.
Follow these instructions to deactivate an installation: go to website http://aka.ms/myofficeeverywhere. Click Software on the left hand side of the page then click Office. Next click Deactivate next to the computer you want to deactivate the installation from. You will then have the license free to install it on another computer.
Is this a full version of Office, available for offline use?
Yes. While the student is enrolled with the Cherry Creek School District or the staff member is employed with the District this software has the same features and functions as other versions of Office and can be used offline. When the license expires, you will retain read-only access to your Microsoft Office files.
What applications are included with Office 365 ProPlus for Windows?
What applications are included with Office 365 ProPlus for Mac?
Will I be able to use Microsoft Lync through Office 365 ProPlus?
No, not at this time. While Lync is included as part of the ProPlus software package, Cherry Creek School District students or staff do not currently have the license needed in Office 365 to use Lync.
What can I do if Office does not display correctly?
If an Office program looks blurry, displays as all black or all white, the screen flickers, or looks different on different computers, see Office 365 doesn't look right.