Executive Internship Summer Program by Application
June 2, 2020– July 31, 2020
- Current Juniors, graduating class of 2021
- The Executive Internship Program will provide an opportunity for select students with a 3.2 GPA or higher to have experience in a career field that they would like to pursue after graduation. An executive internship is a form of firsthand learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skill development in a professional setting. The work/learning arrangement is overseen by the internship coordinator for CCSD.
- Only students who have attended the parent/student meeting, completed the application, the interview process, and accepted into the program may register.
- Students can expect to do on-line work assignments, attend 5 seminars, and complete a final project. Professional success also depends on the level of student maturity, responsibility and reliability. Executive Internships are unpaid positions for students. Students must provide their own transportation.
- Student/Parent attend an Executive Internship informational meeting in January/February.
- Complete the online application: www.cherrycreekschools.org/CTE .
- Applications are due on March 6, 2020.
- Complete an interview with the Executive Internship Coordinator.
- Students will be notified of acceptance in April.
- Email the Executive Internship Coordinator, Mike Wadleigh, email@example.com for questions.
You must have your student ID#, follow Rev/Trak link for registration: cherrycreeksummerschool.revtrak.net
- Login or create a new account
- Choose Executive Internship and move to the registration/payment section.
- The Executive Internship dates: June 2-July 31. Registration is located in session I.
- All 2020 Summer School Policies are listed and required for parents/students to check for acknowledgement and understanding.
- Payment must be made for registration to be complete. Payment can be made by credit card, cash or money order. Families wishing to pay with cash, or money order, will have five business days upon completing your registration to bring to payment to the Summer School office, located at: 9150 East Union Avenue, Greenwood Village, CO 80111. Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm, Wednesday 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- If payment is not received your student will not be placed in an internship.
Cost for the Summer Executive Internship
- In-district Executive Internship Program: $250.
- Session 1 – May 21st at 5:00 pm
Please note: The registration process must be completed by the dates and times listed above.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
Same as summer school: In the event the student is not placed with an internship experience, a full refund will be issued. If a student is placed and chooses not to accept the placement there will be no refund.
General Summer School Information and Policies
Students must attend the MANDATORY Executive Internship Seminar on the following dates at the CCIC:
The CCIC is located at 8000 S. Chambers Road, Centennial, CO 80112
- May 12th Summer Internship Intro. Seminar 5:30pm – 6:30pm CCIC A201
- June 2nd Summer Internship Seminar 1 – 8:30am – 9:30am CCIC A201
- June 16th Summer Internship Seminar 2 8:30am – 9:30am CCIC A201
- June 30th Summer Internship Seminar 3 8:30am – 9:30am CCIC A201
- July 14th Summer Internship Seminar 4 8:30am – 9:30am CCIC A201
Final Presentations (You will choose one time slot for your final presentation)
- Monday, July 30, 2020 8 am to 3 pm
- Tuesday, July 31, 2020 8 am to 3 pm
- Once selected into the program and placed with an internship company, students will set up a schedule to complete 100 hours throughout the summer, on average 12-15 hours per week.
- Students will follow the company's on-boarding process and follow the sponsoring company's policies and procedures.
- Students will provide their own transportation.
- Students will attend 5 seminars throughout the summer as listed above.
- Students will complete weekly assignments on Schoology.
One semester of credit and a semester grade will be recorded on the student's grade point average (GPA), which determines class ranking in the Cherry Creek School District.