Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP)
All secondary students in Cherry Creek are required to develop their plan for graduation and beyond. The ICAP is developed beginning in Grade 6 and lays the critical foundation for individual course planning to ensure that your postsecondary goals are aligned with your chosen path. Your ICAP will follow you from middle to high school, up through Grade 12. ICAPS include:
- Career exploration, including interest surveys;
- Academic progress including courses taken, assessment results (PSAT, SAT, ACT Aspire, Pre-ACT);
- Experiences in contextual and service learning;
- College applications and résumé as they are prepared and submitted;
- Postsecondary studies as the student progresses, such as concurrent enrollment credits earned.
Naviance Student is a comprehensive web-based platform that is accessible to all students and parents for college and career planning. Naviance Student is where your Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) is created, stored and monitored. You may access Naviance Student by selecting the Naviance Student link on your school’s main webpage. For questions about Naviance Student or ICAP, please consult your school counselor, who is able to assist you.
Additionally, Naviance Student allows you to:
- Create plans for the future – goal setting, four-year planning, learning style inventories, résumé building and career and interest inventories. In Naviance Student, you will complete as part of your ICAP assigned tasks to better prepare you for your future college and career goals.
- Research colleges – compare entrance requirements like GPA and standardized test scores, explore majors, student activities, athletic offerings and much more.
- Research summer enrichment opportunities.