Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP)
All secondary students in Cherry Creek are required to develop their plan for graduation and beyond. The ICAP is developed beginning in Grade 6 and lays the critical foundation for individual career exploration and planning to ensure that your postsecondary goals are aligned with your chosen pathway. Your ICAP will follow you from middle to high school, up through Grade 12 and may include but is not limited to:
- Career exploration, including interest surveys;
- Academic progress including courses taken, assessment results (PSAT, SAT);
- Financial literacy lessons;
- Experiences in work-based learning;
- Completion of various applications (college admissions, scholarship, internships, etc.);
- Postsecondary credit opportunities in high school, such as concurrent enrollment and dual enrollment.
Naviance Student is a comprehensive web-based platform that is accessible to all students and parents for college and career planning. Naviance Student is where your Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) is created, stored and monitored. You may access Naviance Student through your active directory tiles. For questions about Naviance Student or ICAP, please consult with your school counselor, who is able to assist you.
Additionally, Naviance Student allows you to:
- Create plans for the future – goal setting, four-year planning, learning style inventories, résumé building and career and interest inventories. In Naviance Student, you will complete, as part of your ICAP, assigned tasks to better prepare you for your future career goals.
- Research colleges – compare entrance requirements like GPA and standardized test scores, explore majors, student activities, athletic offerings and much more.
- Research summer enrichment opportunities.
- Search for scholarships.