Facts and Figures
At Cherry Creek Schools, our mission is to inspire every student to think, to learn, to achieve, to care.
Serving more than 55,000 students and more than 300,000 residents in eight municipalities spread across 108 square miles, Cherry Creek Schools is a diverse district where inclusive excellence and college and career preparedness and success are priorities. At Cherry Creek Schools, our promise to our community is excellence for every student, every day.
Total students: 55,000+
- African American: 11.2%
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.6%
- Asian: 9%
- Hispanic: 20.1%
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 0.3%
- White: 51.6%
- Two or more races: 7.2%
29% of our students qualify for free and reduced lunch
- Elementary Schools (K-5): 43
- Middle Schools (6-8): 11
- High Schools (9-12): 8
- Innovation Campus: 1
- Magnet School (K-8): 1
- Charter Schools (K-8): 2
- Charter School (6-8): 1
- 3,893 licensed teachers work in the district.
- Cherry Creek Schools has the third-highest number of National Board Certified teachers in Colorado.
- The graduation rate for the Class of 2018 is 89%.
- Since 1955, more than 110,000 students have graduated from Cherry Creek Schools and have earned hundreds of millions of dollars in scholarships.
- 150 languages are spoken by students across the district.
Points of Pride
- More than 79% of faculty members have advanced degrees and teachers have an average of 10.6 years of experience.
- 14 Cherry Creek Schools named John Irwin Schools of Excellence in 2018.
- 18 students earned a perfect score on the 2018 ACT or SAT.