Facts and Figures
At Cherry Creek Schools, our mission is to inspire every student to think, to learn, to achieve, to care.
Serving more than 53,000 students and more than 300,000 residents in eight municipalities spread across 108 square miles, Cherry Creek Schools is a diverse district where inclusive excellence and college and career preparedness and success are priorities. At Cherry Creek Schools, our promise to our community is excellence for every student, every day.
- African American: 11.8%
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.5%
- Asian: 9.0%
- Hispanic: 20.9%
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 0.4%
- White: 49.6%
- Two or more races: 7.8%
29% of our students qualify for free and reduced lunch
- 43 Elementary Schools (K-5) (with full-day kindergarten)
- 24 Preschool sites
- 11 Middle Schools (6-8)
- 8 High Schools (9-12)
- 1 Cherry Creek Innovation Campus
- 1 Magnet School (K-8)
- 2 Charter Schools (K-8)
- 1 Charter School (6-8)
- For the second consecutive year, the Cherry Creek School District achieved its highest-ever graduation rate. The on-time (or four-year) graduation rate for the class of 2022 is 90.9%, up from 90.7% for the class of 2021.
- The Class of 2022 earned $53+ million in grants and scholarships.
- Since 1955, more than 110,000 students have graduated from Cherry Creek Schools and have earned hundreds of millions of dollars in scholarships.
- 150+ languages are spoken by students across the district.
Points of Pride
- With more than 67% participation in athletics and activities and 77 career and technical education programs, students at Cherry Creek Schools have a wide variety of options to pursue their pathway of purpose.
- We are supporting our students’ health with more than 80 nurses across the district, a mental health staffing model that ensures students have access to school social workers and school psychologists and two School-Based Community Health Centers.
Last Modified on February 2, 2023