International Baccalaureate Program
2023 IB Senior Celebration Program
2023 Senior Celebration Program
Cherokee Trail High School is an International Baccalaureate Programme School
CT Pathway to IB for Ninth Grade and Tenth Grades
Cherokee Trail High School provides a pre-Diploma pathway for grades 9 and 10. Students wishing to become IB students should submit an application to be accepted into the program. At the beginning of their junior year (11th grade), students may begin taking IB courses.
Click here for the IB Application.
IB for Eleventh and Twelfth Grades
The International Baccalaureate (IB Programme) is a comprehensive and rigorous two-year pre-university curriculum for junior and senior students leading to examinations for students 16 to 19 years of age. The general objectives of the IB program are to provide students with a balanced education; to facilitate geographic and cultural mobility, and to promote international understanding through a shared academic experience. The student who satisfies its demands demonstrates a strong commitment to learning, both in terms of the mastery of subject content and the development of the skills and discipline necessary for success in the competitive world. Some CT Pre-IB and all IB courses receive weighted grades at CTHS.
Click here to discover why IB students succeed
Advantages of Receiving an IB Diploma
- The IB Diploma has become a symbol of academic integrity and intellectual promise.
- IB courses and exams begin the journey through college-level academic challenges.
- Colleges and universities recognize that IB diploma recipients are better prepared for the demands of college.
- Participation in the IB program is widely hailed by American as well as international universities.
- Tuition savings may be realized.
- Students receive an International Diploma recognized worldwide.
The IB curriculum for juniors and seniors at CTHS will consist of six subject groups:
- Language and Literature: English, including selections from World Literature written in English
- Language B (learned language): Spanish, or French
- Study of the Individual in Society: History of the Americas
- Experimental Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Sports Exercise and Health Science, Physics
- Mathematics: Math Studies, Mathematics
- Electives: Design Technology, Business, Film, Music Theory, Psychology, Visual Arts, a second World Language, a second Science
Additional IB Requirements
In addition to completing six international exams and scoring in an acceptable range, an IB student must complete three additional requirements:
- the extended essay of 4,000 words or more provides the experience of an independent research paper
- a course entitled Theory of Knowledge (TOK) which explores the relationships among the various disciplines ensuring that students engage in critical reflection and analysis of knowledge within and beyond the classroom
- CAS (Creativity, Activity, Service). Service-learning is an approved area of student choice.
Additional information about the International Baccalaureate Programs can be found at IBO.
IB Forms and Files
2023 AP and IB Exam Schedule
Most recent schedule is posted. Please view to make sure you are going to the correct location at the correct time.