Students with valid GHS parking passes may only park in the north lot (adjacent to Arapahoe Rd) with the exception of the six marked visitor spaces. Vehicles must be parked in marked spaces. At no time is parking in the upper (southwest) lot permitted.
A safe speed of 10 mph is the maximum for access roads on the GHS campus; 5 mph and less will be used while driving within the parking lanes. Access roads have the right of way over the parking lanes. Vehicle access is restricted to the roadways and parking spaces; driving or parking on other areas (i.e. grass, rocks, sidewalk…) is prohibited.
ALL Staff and Student vehicles parked on the GHS campus must have a valid parking pass displayed in the front window. To register your vehicle for a parking pass fill out the following document. You must also fill out, print, and sign the parking pass form within the grade level registration packet below.
- Read and understand the GHS Parking Policies information sheet.
- Print the Request for Parking Privilege form.
- Click on the "register your vehicle online" tab at the top of the Request for Parking Privilege form.
- Complete all driver and vehicle information on the registration form, and click the "SUBMIT" button at the bottom of the form.
- Using the Parking Privilege form (signed by parent/guardian and student) as the cover sheet, include photo copies of student's driver's license (paper or plastic), current vehicle registration (can be 30 days past expiration date in upper right corner), valid vehicle insurance form, and receipt from bookkeeper. Bring completed packet to the upper Security Desk. (During student check-in, the packet is taken to the Security Check-in table.)
10th grade students will NOT be allowed to purchase a Parking Pass until the first week of the school year, and then only with their dean's signature on the signed Request for Parking Privilege form.
Ticketing policies are covered in the GHS Parking Policies form. Tickets written to vehicles with no valid parking pass displayed will be checked through Aurora Police Department and could be subject to additional fines including being towed from the premises at the owner's expense. Repeated parking lot infractions will be directed to the dean's office for disciplinary action.
Any questions regarding parking passes, please contact GHS Security at 720-886-6600.