VOICEMAIL LINE 720-886-5450
For the protection of students and the accurate monitoring of attendance, please follow the procedures below.
1. Call the Attendance Voicemail line prior to 2:00 p.m. on the day of the absence. When calling, please leave:
- Student’s name, spelling the last name
- Reason for absence
- Grade of student
- Phone number where you can be reached. Please inform us of changes in home or work phone numbers.
2. If your student needs to be dismissed early from class, have him/her bring a note written by a parent or guardian to the Attendance Office prior to the start of the school day. This is to help reduce disruptions into the classroom. Students who leave without following the above procedure may be marked “Unexcused."
3. In the event that a student becomes ill at school and needs to go home, he/she must either:
- Report to the clinic. The nurse will phone a parent/guardian and obtain permission.
- Have a parent/guardian call and give permission to the Main Office at the time the student is leaving.
4. Absences that are not excused within 48 hours will require a Dean’s approval for changing an absence to “Excused."
5. In the event of a situation in which the student is supervised temporarily by an adult other than parents, the parent should notify the attendance office in writing, providing the name, address and phone number of the supervising adult.
If you believe your student was marked unexcused in error, your student should communicate directly with their teacher to clear up the discrepancy. If any corrections need to be made, your student’s teacher will email the Attendance Office with the appropriate correction(s).
Our computerized parent notification system will call your home during the evening to inform you of unexcused absences. A call to the Attendance Office to excuse the absence on the day of the absence will prevent the computer from calling you. We appreciate your help in following these procedures. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Attendance Office or your student’s Dean.
Consequences and Interventions
Students who have unexcused absences receive consequences which include the following:
- Saturday School(s)
- Parent Conference(s)
- Loss of privilege(s)
- Medical Note requirement, and/or
- Truancy Court referral
Twenty-five (25) or more cumulative absences will result in the student entering the SARB (student accountability review board) process and may be issued a Trespass Notice.