9th and 10th Timeline
- Sign in to your Naviance account and complete your 9th grade ICAP tasks.
- Research different types of college and career pathways and decide which characteristics are most important to you.
- Consider what you'd like to do once you've finished highschool. What is your dream job? Think about career possibilities, explore different occupations, and give some serious consideration to planning your career.
- Review your high school coursework and activities. Colleges will look for challenging coursework, a good grade point average, and extracurricular activities such as sports, volunteer work, and community involvement.
- Meet with your high school counselor.
- Become involved with extra curricular activities and consider doing community service.
- Strengthen your vocabulary (reading helps).
- Sign up for the College Opportunity Fund.
- Sign in to your Naviance account and complete your 10th grade ICAP tasks.
- Take the PSAT (preparation for SAT Junior year).
- Consider AP and other honors-level courses.
- Check the NCAA requirements if you want to play sports in college.
- Meet with your high school counselor to talk about your future goals.
- Research colleges and career pathways - both in and out of state.
- Consider applying to our CCSD Career and Tech Education programs.
- Consider applying to our CareerWise apprenticeship program.