For the protection of students and the accurate monitoring of attendance, please follow the procedures below.
- Call the Attendance Office Prior to 2:00 p.m. on the day of the absence. When calling please leave:
- Student’s name, spelling the last name
- Reason for absence
- Phone number where you can be reached. Please inform us of changes in home or work phone numbers.
- If your student needs to be dismissed early from class, have him/her bring a signed note, with date and time of dismissal, to the Attendance Office prior to the start of the school day. The student will receive an early dismisal pass to present to the teacher. He/she will then meet you at the arranged pick-up location. This will help to reduce disruptions into the classroom. Students who leave campus without following the above procedure may not be marked “excused”.
- In the event that a student becomes ill at school and needs to go home, he or she must either:
- Report to the clinic. The nurse will phone a parent/guardian and obtain permission.
- Have a parent/guardian call and give permission to the main office at the time the student is leaving.
- Absences that are not excused within 48 hours will require the dean’s approval for changing the absence to “excused.”
- In the event of a situation in which the student is supervised temporarily by an adult other than the parents, the parent should notify the attendance office in writing, providing the name, address and phone number of the supervising adult.
- The district may require suitable proof regarding the above exceptions, including written statements from medical sources.
- MAKING UP MISSED WORK AT GRANDVIEW: A reasonable length of time will be allowed for students to prepare and hand in make-up work due to absences. District Policy allows for two days to make up missed work for each day a student is absent (two days means two class contact days).
Our computerized parent notification system will call your home twice a day to inform you of unexcused absences. A call to the Attendance Office to excuse the absence on the day of the absence (before 2:00 p.m.) will prevent the computer from calling you. We appreciate your help in following these procedures. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Attendance Office or your student’s Dean.
GHS Attendance Policies and Procedures 2019 - 2020
For All Students with attendance concerns, consequences may include:
- Lunch Detention, Off Period Detention, After School Detention, Saturday School Detention, and/or Activities Restrictions (i.e. dances, sports, etc.)
- SSD or ASD may consist of meeting with post secondary community resources (guest speaker, vocational employment, etc.)
- For Freshmen and Sophomores, if the above consequences do not curb attendance concerns, the Student Attendance Review Board process below will commence.
T - Tardy
- Student arrives late, but within the first 10 minutes of class.
UP - Unexcused Present
- Student arrives 10-50 minutes late to class
U - Unexcused Absence 
- Student doesn't not show up to class at all
- Student arrives more that 50 minutes late 
- Student does not return from lunch
- Student leaves early and fails to return to class and/or leaves without permission 
Q - Truant
- This code indicates that the Dean has met with the student and has determined the absence in question is truancy related.
* For any of the above processes, please reference CCSD Policy JH, JHB, JIC, JFC-R, JK, and JEA.
The district may require suitable proof regarding the above exceptions, including written statements from medical sources.
[1} 3.02 (2) (a) Unexcused Absences occur when the student is absent without a reason or for an unacceptable reason as identified within the attendance rules set by local school board of education policy as declared in 22-33-104 (4)(a) C.R.S.
 3.03 (3) For Department reporting purposes, a student who is absent from school without a valid and verifiable excuse by the parent/guardian that is consistent with school or board policy as defined in 22-33-104 (4)(a) C.R.S. or the student leaves school or class without permission of authorized school staff.
 2,00 (13) “Unexcused Absence/Truancy” means a student is absent from school without a valid and verifiable excuse by the parent/guardian that is consistent with school or board policy as defined in 22-33-104 (4)(a) C.R.S. or the student leaves school or a class without permission of authorized school staff.
Attendance Phone Numbers
Last Names: A-L
Last Names: M-Z