Office of Inclusive Excellence
Today, the Office of Inclusive Excellence carries on the legacy of its founders and continues to focus on supporting academic achievement initiatives as a primary function. The following list details some of the general leadership and facilitation responsibilities of the staff:
- Coordinate and facilitate professional development in the areas of Educational Equity, Language Supports and Services, Culturally Responsive Education, AVID, and College and Career Counseling.
- Provide support to families and students in need of translation services.
- Facilitate parent and community partnerships through District P.A.S.S. (Partnerships for Academically Successful Students) to support increased student achievement.
- Support the hiring and retention of teachers and administrators of color in an effort to ensure diversity in the workplace.
- Partner with local and national organizations in an effort to identify resources and systems of support.
- Manage Title I funding in support of teacher development and student achievement.
- Support the district's College and Career Preparedness goal by promoting student access to rigorous learning opportunities.
The Office of Inclusive Excellence serves as a critical liaison between the district and its diverse community, working to promote racial, ethnic, linguistic, religious and cultural understandings which form productive partnerships resulting in an inclusive learning community for all!