Healthier Students Learn Better
Cherry Creek School District maintains the model of a school nurse at every school. Registered nurses work with students & families to help remove health related barriers to learning.
The following are some of the responsibilities of the school nurse and health clinic staff:
- Provide acute and emergency care
- Administer medications per provider orders
- Reduce the incidence of vaccine preventable disease through immunization compliance.
- Develop and implement Individualized Health Care Plans (IHPs) to reduce the impact of health conditions for our students
- Provide state directed vision and hearing screenings
- Promote healthy habits in our school communities
- Monitor our communities for infectious and reportable diseases
- Train & delegate unlicensed assistive personnel
- Provide care to students with health conditions
- Assist families to access health resources in their community
- Participate as active members of school special education and safety teams
- Maintain clinic preparedness for potential emergencies
Parents/Guardians can access healthcare forms at the school clinic or from the links below.