September is Suicide Prevention month
Join us in raising awareness, increasing knowledge, creating action and reducing stigma around this complex public health matter. Learn more about protective factors, risk factors, warning signs and how to support kids in need by watching the two videos below that feature our students and schools in action.
Welcome to the CCSD Wellness Office
The goal of the CCSD Wellness Office is to implement research-based & innovative programs & practices that help to ensure that ALL students are safe, engaged, supported, challenged & healthy.
CCSD Wellness Framework
Our framework for wellness is the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model developed through a collaboration between the educationally-based Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development and the medically-based Centers for Disease Control. This model was created to:
- Address the symbiotic and fundamental relationship between learning and health.
- Encourage alignment of district departments and coordination of services.
- Support each child's cognitive, physical and social-emotional development.
- Place importance on workplace wellness as staff members serve as important role models for students in the acquisition and embodiment of healthy behaviors.
- Highlight the critical role of family engagement and community involvement to address the needs of the whole child.
For more information on The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child framework or the connection between wellness and learning:
The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Model