Welcome to CCSD Student Wellness
The goal of Student Wellness is to implement research-based & innovative programs & practices that help to ensure that ALL students are safe, engaged, supported, challenged & healthy.
CCSD Wellness Framework
Our framework for wellness is the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model developed through a collaboration between the educationally-based Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development and the medically-based Centers for Disease Control. This model was created to:
- Address the symbiotic and fundamental relationship between learning and health.
- Encourage alignment of district departments and coordination of services.
- Support each child's cognitive, physical and social-emotional development.
- Place importance on workplace wellness as staff members serve as important role models for students in the acquisition and embodiment of healthy behaviors.
- Highlight the critical role of family engagement and community involvement to address the needs of the whole child.
For more information on The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child framework or the connection between wellness and learning:
The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Model
Get In Touch
Office of Student Health
Student Wellness Specialist