COVID-19 Wellness Support Services
Managing our own stress levels is essential to meeting the needs of our students and families and to taking care of ourselves and our loved ones during this unprecedented time. The District Wellness Office is offering an opportunity to for ALL staff to address the anxiety many of us are experiencing and to provide a way for us to come together and feel connected as a Cherry Creek community.
Free Resilience Webinar for CCSD Staff
Join CCSD grad and Founder of Mindful Life, Dr. Kristen Race, and District Wellness Coordinator, Janise McNally, for a free 8 session webinar series that teaches simple brain-based mindfulness solutions to help us thrive during these difficult times. Together we will explore relevant topics that are facing us as educators in order to help us build resilience and overcome the challenges we are all facing. As many of us are also parents, each session will also include suggestions on how to support that role in life as well.
Live Webinars will take place every Thursday, at 4pm MST, beginning April 2nd and concluding on May 21st. Recordings will be available if you cannot attend live.
The course is now available for credit through CCSD Office of Professional Learning - If participants would like a certificate of attendance (no charge) or CCSD credit for horizontal advancement (certified staff only, fee applies), please register through PD Pro link https://cherrycreekschools.truenorthlogic.com/ia/empari/learning2/registration/presentRegistrationDetails/13491.
Weekly topics will include:
- Your brain on COVID - 19: How to settle down, gain control and start building resilience today.
- There’s COVID -19, then there’s our nonstop thoughts around COVID: How to conquer the waves of anxiety
- Getting work done in our new normal: Find focus, create structure, and manage distractions
- Finding the good: overcome the negative bias of your brain during difficult times
- Connection: How to stay intentionally connected in a world of social distancing
- The upside of COVID - 19 – the opportunity for personal growth
- Sustaining key techniques to thrive throughout the summer
- Each session will also include time to support your personal parenting challenges
- And more!
Instructions for accessing the 8 part webinar series:
- All webinars will be located off of this link on the Crowdcast Webinar Platform, register at https://www.crowdcast.io/e/9gspiwpl.
- It is important to register immediately for the webinars (takes only 30 seconds), so that Crowdcast can send you an email reminder shortly before they occur.
- To access them live, Crowdcast is mobile, laptop and desktop compatible. There is no call in number, just the above link.
- Only Dr. Race and a moderator will have video and audio capability – all other participants will be able to communicate via the chat, should they desire.
- Tech support will be available during all webinars.
- All webinars will be recorded for anyone who cannot participate live.
- Crowdcast works best off of the Chrome browser.
Families can call the CCSD HealthLine to be connected to a school nurse or a mental health professional.
They are available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the statewide school closure.
SOS Signs of Suicide Prevention Program
Wellness Videos for Middle and High School Students:
Meditation Exercise: https://youtu.be/pPhWm4f9gH0
Destress with Stretching Exercise: https://youtu.be/VEBCkBmyq50
Square Breathing Exercise: https://youtu.be/xaW5N_qdEvc
Deep Belly Breathing Exercise: https://youtu.be/wA0IEHIbpMk
Progressive Muscle Relaxation: https://youtu.be/_ODkDxGcS4w