Important AP Exam Information
Advanced Placement (AP) courses are some of the most rigorous courses offered at CTHS and will receive weighted grades. AP courses are offered to students in 9th through 12th grade.
Cherokee Trail is very excited to be a Capstone school, and we look forward to serving your needs through its implementation.
AP Capstone fits quite nicely into what many are already doing at Cherokee Trail. Students eligible for the Capstone Diploma must complete/achieve the following:
- Have taken and passed AP Human Geography exam (some exceptions apply).
- Be in AP US Government (enrolled and passing) (some exceptions apply)
- Take 4 AP courses and score a 3 or higher on the exams.
- In addition, take and score a 3 or higher in AP Seminar in the junior year.
- In addition, take and score a 3 or higher in AP Research in the senior year.
If you are interested in becoming an AP Capstone student and would like more information on AP Seminar and AP Research, please do not hesitate to seek information via the College Board website, or drop by office 171 for a visit.
Advantages of Taking AP Courses
- AP courses and exams begin the journey through college level academic challenges
- Collegiate institutions recognize that applicants with AP experience are better prepared for the demands of college
- Tuition savings are realized for students whose AP exam scores award them college credit. (varies from institution to institution; check with your school)
- AP students may be eligible for honors and other special programs in college
AP Scholar Awards Program
- AP Scholar earned by to students who receive grades of 3.0 or higher on three or more A P exams on full year courses (or the equivalent)
- AP Scholar with Honor earned by students who receive an average grade of at least 3.25 on all AP exams taken and grades of three or higher on four or more of these exams on full year courses (or the equivalent).
- AP Scholar with Distinction earned by students who receive an average grade of at least 3.5 on all AP exams taken and grades of three or higher on five or more of these exams on full year courses (or the equivalent).
- National AP Scholar earned by students in the United States who receive an average grade of at least 4.0 on all AP exams taken, grades of four or higher on eight or more of these exams on full year courses (or the equivalent).
Additional information about Advanced Placement can be found at AP Central
Advanced Placement Courses at CT
AP English Language
AP English Literature
AP Calculus AB
AP Calculus BC
AP Computer Science
AP Computer Principles
AP Environmental Science
AP Goverment and Politics
AP Music Theory
AP Spanish Language
AP U.S. History
AP World History