Student Achievement Services
Student Achievement Services (Special Education)
To meet the unique needs of a student identified with a disability, a variety of intervention services are offered at Falcon Creek Middle School. Student needs are addressed through the implementation of an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) that is developed and monitored through a process which includes input from the student, parents, teachers, counselors, and mental health professionals. Intervention services are provided through a three-tiered model that provides different levels of instruction (universal, targeted, intensive) with ongoing data analysis and progress monitoring.
Specific services may also include:
- Mental Health Support – including support and intervention from a school psychologist and/or a social worker.
- Speech-Language – including support and intervention by a Speech-Language Pathologist in the areas of language development, articulation, voice and fluency. Services can take place in the general education classroom, a small group setting, or through consultative programming.
- Occupational/Physical Therapist Support – OT/PT support is provided to students as needed and provided for in the IEP.
- Integrated Learning Center (ILC) – providing services to students with significant developmental and/or cognitive delays.
- Social Emotional Learning – providing services to students with emotional disabilities through check in / check out, consultative services, social-emotional skills training classes, and support within the general education classroom.
Student Achievement Services will:
- Utilize systems to continuously monitor each student's academic progress.
- Analyze and utilize assessment data to plan for the instructional needs of each student.
- Use a variety of research-based and culturally relevant interventions with varying levels of intensity and focus.
- Provide a comprehensive system to prevent and intervene in the area of students' unique social, emotional and physical health needs.
- Hold high academic expectations and standards in all classes.
- Provide differentiated classrooms and instruction to support ALL learners.
- Provide additional levels of support for students who require intensive and/or specialized services.
- Create an atmosphere where parents and the community are invited and welcome partners in the instruction of their students.
- Provide a highlevel of instruction in a variety of modalities in ALL classes.
- Create opportunities for students to take risks in a nurturing and supportive environment.
- Utilize technology to help create 21st Century Learners.
- Utilize Colorado Academic Standards when addressing planning, assessment, and IEP goal development when appropriate.
Falcon Creek 22/23 Student Achievement Services Staff Roster:
Maria Foerster, SPED Generalist - 6th Grade
Jamie Hiegert, SPED Generalist - 7th Grade
Erica Adamiak, SPED Generalist - 8th Grade
Shannon Kennedy, SPED Generalist
Reagan Knobloch, SPED Generalist
Nate Eberhardt, SPED Generalist
Harun Hazim, Social Worker
Molly Segall, Psychologist
Jedeen Kulczewski, Speech Language Pathologist
Caroline Bagnasco, Speech Language Pathologist
Jenny Frank, Occupational Therapist