Meet Our Team
School psychologist introduction:
Information about our new School Psychologist, Dr. Megan Simmons, will be posted soon.
School counselor introduction:
Hello Challenge Families,
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself if we haven’t had the pleasure of meeting yet! My name is Emily Haralson and I am the K-8 School Counselor at Challenge. This is my third year at Challenge, and I am so grateful to be a part of this inspiring and inclusive community.
My passion for school counseling began during my time as a student at Colorado State University where I received my Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Secondary Education, and then at Adams State University where I earned my Master of Arts in School Counseling. I have always enjoyed building positive relationships with students and discovering ways that I can help them be their best selves. What I love most about the elementary and middle school levels is the genuine curiosity students have in their learning and the world around them, as well as the opportunity for early intervention support that can have a lifetime positive impact on a child.
As a school counselor, my primary responsibilities are to promote the academic, career, and social/emotional development of all students. I look forward to offering support to the Challenge students, staff, families, and community.
Dr. Simmons and Ms. Thomas are available to:
- Meet with students individually for brief counseling support
- Meet with students in small groups for social/emotional learning and building executive functioning skills
- Help with classroom social/emotional learning lessons
- Collaborate and support families and staff with the 504 process
- Collaborate with teachers and staff regarding interventions, social/emotional learning, mental health, and executive functioning
- Provide resources
- Advocate for student needs
- Analyze data to identify student issues, needs, and challenges
- Consult with the district and community organizations to benefit and meet the needs of students
Please contact Dr. Simmons specifically for support, questions, and concerns regarding:
- The special education/IEP process
Please contact Ms. Thomas specifically for support, questions, and concerns regarding:
- High school registration
- High school transition process
- Individual Career and Academic Plans (ICAP)
Our Contact Information:
Dr. Simmons: (720) 747-2119 and/or firstname.lastname@example.orgMs. Thomas: (720)747-2157 and/or email@example.com
We are so excited to work with your children and get to know you throughout the school year!To join Dr. Simmon's and Ms. Thomas' Schoology page with resources for students, staff, and parents/guardians, use the access code: 572X-F3HN-6QPST