Jostens on Campus/Virtual (Updated for 2021-22)
- Sep 22 — senior class meeting during Advisory
- Feb 2 — senior class meeting during Advisory
- Sep 29, Sep 30, Oct 1 — cafeteria during lunches
- April 5 — mandatory parent grad meetings (A–Ln)
- April 6 — mandatory parent grad meetings (Lo–Z)
Cap & Gown (Updated for 2021-22)
Purchase your cap & gown and tassel from Jostens. The price will increase throughout the year, so order early. If you are borrowing a cap & gown from a former Blazer, please bring the gown to the Activities Office to make sure it is okay. Your cap & gown will be delivered to Overland, not to your house.
- April 5 & April 6 — cap & gown portraits by Kerkhoff during lunch (bring order form & payment)
- Feb 4 — last day to order for $40 (price goes up)
- May — cap & gown are usually distributed after graduation rehearsal (if all fees are paid)
- May 26 — bring your cap & gown, tassel, and any honor cords to graduation at DU
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I borrow a cap & gown from a former grad?
Yes, but we need to see it first. Please bring them to the Activities Office ASAP. We need to make sure they are the right shade of blue and the right size for you. You will still need to purchase a tassel.
When will I get my cap & gown?
Jostens will send all Overland cap & gown orders to the school. We hold onto them for you until you have completed the mandatory graduation rehearsal in May and paid all fines.
Can I pay in installments?
No, but the price doesn't go up until February, so there is time to plan ahead.
Where can I purchase the cap & gown?
Go to the Jostens website, and select from the Overland merchandise for sale. If you are looking for the basic cap & gown with tassel, navigate this path:
Graduation >> Browse All Grad & Cap/Gown >> Browse All Cap & Gown Products >>Basic Cap & Gown Package