8:00 – 8:20 Morning Meeting
8:20 – 8:35 Phonics
8:35 – 9:35 Reading
9:35 – 10:05 PAWS
10:05 – 10:50 Specials
11:00 – 12:00 Lunch & Recess
12:05 – 12:20 Read Aloud
12:25 – 12:55 WIN
1:00 – 1:50 Math
1:50 – 2:15 Writing
2:15 – 2:40 Science / Social Studies
- Snacks: please bring a healthy, utensil-free snack every day.
- Birthdays: treats are welcome, but must be store bought with a list of ingredients. Please…no cakes, no nuts, no balloons.
- Toys: please leave all toys, including fidget spinners, at home.
- Parent volunteers
- Most emails will be responded to within 24 hours
- Pick Up/Dismissal:
~On-time pick up (2:45)
~Only people listed in PowerSchool may pick up your student
~Polton Place Sign Up
~Call if there are any last-minute changes
Homework in 2nd Grade
- Homework folder
- 20 minutes of reading per night
- Homework packets will be sent home on Friday and should be returned on the following Friday
- Classroom behavior system that helps promote positive choices and hard work.
- Students will receive 3 pennies every Monday and will have the opportunity to earn more pennies throughout the week for making good choices, working hard, helping others, etc.
- Students will be able to cash in their pennies at the end of the week for a variety of items/activities (ie. pencils, extra free time, lunch with the teacher, etc.)
- Encourage your student by asking how many pennies they earned and what they can do to earn more!
- As the year goes on, pennies will turn to nickels, dimes, quarters, etc.
- Reader’s Workshop
- Reading Groups
- Writer’s Workshop
- Phonics and Word Work
- IRLA (replacing DRA)
- Bridges Curriculum
- Place Value to 1,000
- Adding and Subtracting – double and triple digit
- FOSS Kits
~ Plants and Animals
~ Air and Weather
~ Balance and Motion
- Social Studies Alive
Project Based Learning (PBL), STEM, and Innovation
- STEM Projects
- Engineering Projects
- Encouraging Innovative Thinking