The application for the 2024-2025 school year is now open. School Choice for the 2023-2024 school year is closed and requests to remain at the current school after moving can be made through the Student Address Change process HERE.
Submit your School Choice application HERE
The Cherry Creek School District gives district residents and non-residents the opportunity to apply for enrollment in a Cherry Creek school of their choice. Applications will be accepted from December 1st through May 31st of the current school year, to be considered for a school choice placement in the next school year. Students who live within Cherry Creek school district, as well as qualified employees of the district, are included in the first lottery that will run on or before February 15th. Applications for students who do not live in the district and any others submitted after January 31st, will be processed bi-weekly starting February 28th.
Applications are considered based on lottery and space availability. Priority is given to students with siblings who will be attending the same school and children of district employees. There is a limit of one application per student, up to 3 different schools can be requested, and all applications are reviewed prior to being included in a lottery. Addresses must be up-to-date for residents of the school district in order to be considered for School Choice. If you are moving at a later date, applications for School Choice can only be submitted after you have moved, or are under contract for the new property.
- Except as may be required by law, for students granted permission to attend a choice school, transportation becomes the responsibility of the parents or guardians - Policy JFBA.
- All students will be approved to the highest grade level for that school as long as the student meets the continuing enrollment criteria-Policy JFBA-R. Renewal of a Scholl Choice placement annually is not required.
- Continuing Enrollment Criteria for all students:
- The student is expelled from the school or program;
- The student’s continued participation in the school requires the District to make alterations in the structure of the school or to the arrangement or function of rooms;
- There is lack of space or teaching staff;
- The school does not offer appropriate programs or is not equipped or staffed to meet the special needs of the student;
- The school does not offer a program requested by the student;
- The student does not meet established eligibility criteria;
- A desegregation plan is in effect and denial of continued enrollment is necessary to comply with the plan;
- The student does not maintain an attendance rate greater than 90%;
- The student does not follow the school policy for on-time arrival to and/or departure from school;
- The student has more than 1 out-of-school suspension each year;
- The high school student is not on track to graduate on time.
- Non-Residents of the District - Your applications will be processed in the lottery after February 15th, unless the student has a parent that is a qualified employee of Cherry Creek Schools.
- Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten – The School Choice application is not for preschool or Pre-Kindergarten students. Please contact the Early Childhood Education department for more information.
- Charter and Magnet Schools – The School Choice application is not available for Cherry Creek Academy, Challenge School, Colorado Skies Academy, Heritage Heights Academy, Elevation or Endeavor. Please contact those schools directly for assistance with their application process.
- Previously Approved Students - Students currently attending a school under School Choice do NOT need to submit an application to return to that school next year. Only students approved for the current school year as a 1-year approval will need to apply.
- Current Address - The address on the application must be current and within the CCSD boundary to be considered a resident of the district. Families moving into the district after February 1st will need to apply as a non-resident, or submit their application after moving to the district.
- Special Education Availability - Special Education program availability varies from school to school. If the choice school determines it cannot meet the student's IEP needs, the student may seek enrollment in another school.
For additional information about the School Choice process with Cherry Creek, click here to view the School Choice FAQ.