Office of Facility Rental
The Office of Facility Rental provides and facilitates the opportunity for members of our community to utilize district facilities for the benefit of our students and our community. Thank you for your support of Cherry Creek Schools.
Facility rental requests require a minimum processing time of three weeks. This allows the schools time to review your request and the Facility Rental Office time to complete the process for permit issuance.
Facility Rental Applications must include a valid certificate of insurance. The insurance must meet the guidelines required by the CCSD Risk Management Office. Please review the requirements listed under the Documents, Instructions, and Policies section on this page.
NOTE: The application is no a request to use a facility, it is only an application requesting credentials to access the rSchool Facility Scheduling system.
CCSD Staff Members: Please note that the Facilities Scheduler is not linked to your Active Directory account. You must become a requester first. Please contact the Office of Facility Rental for instructions.
Rental hours and other details:
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL INDOOR REQUESTS
- Limited after-school classroom availability. The Gym and Cafeteria are available between the hours of 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm.
MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL INDOOR REQUESTS
- Available between the hours of 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm.unless otherwise approved by an individual school
FIELDS AND OTHER OUTDOOR SPACES:
Our Ground department will continue to monitor field conditions and may determine a need to close others. We will communicate that information as soon as we have any updates. Colorado has fallen short of the normal moisture for the year and if a drought is declared, the district will need to revisit the use of our fields.
High school grass fields, baseball fields, and tracks are not available for external rentals. Middle school fields, baseball fields, and tracks adjacent to high schools are not available for external rentals.
TURF FIELDS: High school turf fields may be requested for Sunday rentals. No other high school fields are available for external rentals. The turf fields are located at Cherokee Trail, Cherry Creek (2), Eaglecrest, Grandview, Overland, and Smoky Hill.
* Please ensure that your account is up to date and that you have a current Certificate of Insurance attached to your profile to avoid processing delays.
2023-2024 Facility Rental Request Schedule:
2023-2024 Indoor Requests
This office will accept online requests for indoor facility usage on:
August 1, 2023, for the 2023-2024 school year indoor facility usage from September 5, 2023, through May 24, 2024. Please note that schools may not be available for rentals during school breaks or holidays.
March 15, 2024, for Summer 2024 indoor facility usage from May 28, 2023, through July 31, 2024
Due to the high volume of requests on these dates, please allow more processing time for your request(s).
Please do not intend to begin utilizing internal school facilities until the day after Labor Day.
2023-2024 Field Requests
This office will accept online requests on:
August 1, 2023, for FALL 2023 usage from August 14 through December 31, 2023.
January 15, 2024, for SPRING 2024 field usage from February 28 through May 26, 2024.
March 15, 2024, for SUMMER 2024 field usage from May 28 through July 31, 2024.
Please note that all dates are subject to change.
New Requester Facility Rental Process (under certain terms and conditions):
- You will need to access our online scheduling system Facilities Scheduler.
- Click on Become a Requester if you are not already an approved requester and complete the short application. Once approved, you will receive an email with your system credentials. You will not be able to sign in, access facility calendars, or submit a request until you receive the email stating that your application has been approved.
- Approval of rental requests is not determined on a first-come, first-served basis. Submitting a request for usage does not guarantee that your request will be approved, either partially or fully.
- Please note that you must be approved as a requester before you can log into the system to submit an online request.
- This office and the schools require a three-week turnaround time for processing requests. During high volume times of the year, e.g. the beginning of the school year, semester, and summer session, we will process requests based on the event date. Requests submitted less than two weeks before the requested start date may not be approved. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
- When requesting space, please request a location that is age-appropriate for your activity. It is this office's practice to approve groups to age-appropriate venues - elementary school-aged programs scheduled in elementary schools, middle school-aged programs scheduled in middle schools, etc. - to best accommodate the needs of our community.
- Please submit a new request for each facility/field you would like to request.
- All reservations will require a $35 non-refundable processing fee.
- The renter must supply the Office of Facility Rental with a Certificate of Insurance (COI), reflecting a minimum of $1 million in general commercial liability coverage and listing Cherry Creek School District as an additional insured. Requests will not be approved without a current certificate of insurance on file with this office.
- Fees for your rental may apply. Please see Policy KF-R: Community Use of School Facilities for more information.
- Fees for custodial, security, theater manager, and/or stadium manager coverage may apply. Please contact the Office of Facility Rental for questions regarding personnel coverage.
- Your request is approved only when you have received a permit (and invoice, if applicable) via email from the Office of Facility Rental and you return the permit with an electronic signature.
- Beginning September 2023, the Office of Facility Rentals accepts credit/debit cards only for invoice payments.
- In case of an emergency, or if you are unable to access the school, please call District Dispatch at 720-554-4911. Please ensure that you have your permit either electronically or paper to display when asked.
After Hours Access
If you cannot access your approved facility, or if you are experiencing difficulties during your rental, please call 720-554-4911.
If you require assistance, please follow this protocol:
- State that you are calling regarding Cherry Creek School District;
- Provide your name and your referenced building/facility;
- Relate the reason for which you need to contact District personnel; and
- Leave a contact phone number at which the dispatch may return your call.
- Someone from CCSD will contact you within 15 minutes. If you are not contacted, call back and make your request again.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
When schools are closed:
- All rental activities scheduled in the District facilities are canceled.
- In-district sports events and team practices are postponed.
- See the CCSD School Closure and Storm Information page for more information.
- If you cancel an event due to inclement weather outside of Facility Rentals office hours, please contact the dispatch line at 720-554-4911. This is required to ensure the appropriate personnel are notified. Please also email the Office of Facility Rental, firstname.lastname@example.org with your cancelation information.
Important News and Announcements
2023-2024 Facility Rental Schedule:
Indoor and Outdoor Requests
This office will accept online requests beginning August 1, 2023, for both indoor and outdoor facility usage.
2023-2024 INDOOR facility usage spans from September 5, 2023, through May 24, 2024.
Please do not intend to begin utilizing internal school facilities until September 5, 2023, the day after Labor Day.
2023 FALL/WINTER OUTDOOR field/track usage spans from August 14, 2023, through December 22, 2023. Please note the dates may change due to drought or other weather-impacting conditions.
Due to the high volume of requests on opening day, please allow more turnaround time for processing your request(s).
SPRING AND SUMMER FIELD REQUEST INFORMATION
This office will accept online requests for SPRING 2024 field usage on January 15, 2024.
The Spring 2024 field season spans from February 28 through May 24, 2023.
This office will accept online requests for SUMMER 2024 field usage on March 15, 2024.
The Summer 2024 field season spans from May 28, 2024, through July 31, 2024.
Please note that all dates are subject to change. Please also note that some fields may be closed for repairs.
CLIENT ACCOUNT STATUS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR ACCOUNT HAS A ZERO BALANCE AND THAT YOUR CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE IS CURRENT.
FACILITY RENTAL CONTACT INFORMATION
* Email Communication: Preferred method.
* Phone: If you call and get one of our voicemails, please only leave one message.
* In-Person: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY between 8am - 3pm.
Lori LaChapelle, Facility Rental Specialist
East Side of District: Cherokee Trail HS, Grandview HS, Eaglecrest HS, and their feeder schools.
Lisa Villarreal, Facility Rental Specialist
West Side of District: Cherry Creek HS, Overland HS, Smoky Hill HS, and their feeder schools.