Assessments in Cherry Creek Schools
To better track student’s progress towards mastery of the 2020 Colorado Academic Standards, the Cherry Creek School District will be implementing a Districtwide Common Assessments for English Language Arts (ELA) and Math for Grades 4-8. These assessments will replace the ACT Aspire Summative assessment and will consist of a comprehensive baseline assessment administered at the beginning of the year followed by two interim assessments administered at different time points throughout the year. Parent reports will be made available after the interim assessments are completed in order to show your student’s progress towards mastery of the standards.
Information on each assessment is provided below.
Comprehensive Baseline Assessment
- Baseline measure of student skills and knowledge of current end-of-year grade level standards
- Useful to establish student and classroom goals at the beginning of the year
- Approximately 30-35 questions each for ELA and Math
- Approximate test time is 60-90 minutes per assessment
- Available for administration from the beginning of the school year through September 12th
- Interim measure of student skills and knowledge on standards taught at specific time points in the year
- Useful for monitoring student progress on mastery of standards
- Approximately 15-25 questions each for ELA and Math
- Approximate test time is 30-45 minutes per assessment
The proposed timeline for administering the assessments is below.