Meet Our Team
School psychologist introduction:
Hello Challenge Famillies!
My name is Anji Hunt, and I am the School Psychologist for the 2022-2023 school year! I am so excited to join this wonderfully inclusive and energetic community.
I have been a School Psychologist for nine years, with the last seven spent at Indian Ridge Elementary in Cherry Creek. I love my job, because it allows me to work with so many different members of the school community, and I truly enjoy building relationships with others. I wear several "hats" in my role, whether it be leading social/emotional groups, analyzing data to create individualized interventions, collaborating on various multi-disciplinary committees with other staff, or consulting with families to problem solve how to best support student needs. I strive to help all students feel recognized, supported and connected in the school community.
In my life outside of school, I enjoy being active and spending time with friends and family, including my husband and two toddlers. I appreciate all the warm welcomes I have received already, and I look forward to getting to know many more of you as the year goes on!
School counselor introduction:
Hello Challenge Families,
My name is Laura Puchino and I am the K-8 School Counselor at Challenge. This is my first year at Challenge, and I am so grateful to be a part of this amazing community.
I have always had a passion for helping people, particular students. I received my Bachelor of Arts degree in Human Development and Family Studies at Colorado State University. I then continued my education at Adams State University where I earned my Master of Arts in School Counseling. Challenge has welcomed me with open arms and I could not be happier. I absolutely love helping students become the best version of themselves, building positive relationships, and building an inclusive community.
In my free time I like to spend time with family and friends, do anything outdoors, watch movies, and go to concerts.
As a school counselor, my primary responsibilities are to promote the social/emotional, academic, and career development of all students. I look forward to offering support to the Challenge students, staff, families, and the community.
Mrs. Hunt and Ms. Puchino are available to:
- Meet with students individually for brief counseling support
- Meet with students in small groups for social/emotional learning and building executive functioning skills
- Help with classroom social/emotional learning lessons
- Collaborate and support families and staff with the 504 process
- Collaborate with teachers and staff regarding interventions, social/emotional learning, mental health, and executive functioning
- Provide resources
- Advocate for student needs
- Analyze data to identify student issues, needs, and challenges
- Consult with the district and community organizations to benefit and meet the needs of students
Please contact Mrs. Hunt specifically for support, questions, and concerns regarding:
- The special education/IEP process
Please contact Ms. Puchino specifically for support, questions, and concerns regarding:
- High school registration
- High school transition process
- Individual Career and Academic Plans (ICAP)
Our Contact Information:
Mrs. Hunt: (720) 747-2119 and/or firstname.lastname@example.orgMs. Puchino: (720)747-2157 and/or email@example.com
We are so excited to work with your children and get to know you throughout the school year!