Mission and Vision
In partnership with our community, we empower ALL students through academic excellence and innovation to be inspired, confident, and happy in a safe and inclusive learning environment.
We are committed to...
- Increasing student achievement for ALL
- Creating 21st century learners through innovation
- Cultivating social consciousness through RISE expectations
- Inspiring students to be risk-takers, problem solvers, and critical thinkers through perseverance and grit.
- Collaborating school-wide in professional learning communities
What makes Walnut Hills RISE to the top?
- Intentional focus on college and career readiness for ALL children
- Master teachers: Walnut Hills teachers have an average of 17.5 years of teaching experience, and 80% of our teachers hold a Master's Degree
- STEAM TIME: students participate in enrichment classes grounded in science, technology, engineering, arts and math, based on choice
- Structured enrichment & intervention time for all learners
- Gifted and Talented: provides services for accelerated academic instruction and individual learning plans
- An environment that embraces all family and community members
- Healthy and happy children through intentional classroom structures, cooperative learning, increased growth mindset, and PBiS (Positive Behavioral Supports & Interventions)
- 100% commitment to equity work through our PASS team, Equity Team, and intentional culturally responsive education practices.
Last Modified on August 21, 2019