Team: Holly Fullmer, Melissa Bisbee and Holly Stoleson
Ice Cream Social for incoming Kindergartners school year 2022-2023, Get the Scoop!
Typical Day of a Kindergartner for a Kindergartner, 2021-22 school year
Philosophy and Goals:
- learning to work and get along with others
- fostering a love of learning
- building academic readiness
Area: Colorado Academic Standards for Reading, Writing, and Communicating in
- learning names and sounds of the letters in the alphabet
- frequent opportunities to write stories, non-fiction, and poetry
- basic handwriting instruction
- basic sight words spelled correctly and used in writing
- rich and frequent experiences with a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction books including the use of easy readers
Our Reading Program Emphasizes Reading For Meaning through comprehension and reading strategies
Area: Colorado Academic Standards for Mathematics in Kindergarten include...
- free exploration of math materials
- numbers and number relationships
- understanding and building patterns
- sorting and classifying
- writing and solving number problems
Our Math Program emphasizes a wide variety of tasks using manipulatives to build mathematical concepts
Area: State Standards in Science and Social Studies for Kindergarten include...
- integrating knowledge learned in one area and applying to another area
- themes are incorporated to reinforce concepts and build understanding in the following areas:
- Social Studies: geography and map skills, honoring ourselves, our family and heritage, and understanding diversity
- Science: FOSS Science: Wood and paper, Animals 2x2, Weather and Seasons
We want the best for your child!