PTCO and Volunteering
Dear High Plains Families,
Welcome back to a new and exciting school year! Thank you to all of the High Plains parents who contribute their time, energy and talent to help make High Plains Elementary such an amazing school. The PTCO has been hard at work planning fun events for our High Plains community this year that we hope you and your family will enjoy!
A few highlights you can anticipate this year include:
- High Plains Auction - A fun, parents only, social evening where you can bid on fantastic donated items.
- Parents and Pastries – A morning for parents and guardians to enjoy donuts with their kids.
- Scholastic and Usborne Book Fairs – Add some great new books to your home library while helping our school earn new books for the High Plains Library.
- Celebration of Culture (Formerly Taste of High Plains) - this multicultural food tasting experience will be held in November.
- Family Fun Night (Formerly Family Western Night) - A fun event for the entire family will be held in January.
- Hungry Hawks - Dine out once a month to help support our school. Dates & times will be published in our HPH (High Plains Happenings).
- Attached is our PTCO Year-At-A-Glance Calendar with all the events for the 2019-2020 school year!
Please bookmark the PTCO Web Site at http://highplainsptco.digitalpto.com/ for important information, volunteer opportunities and how to contact the PTCO Executive Board or other Committee Members. Remember, if you are a parent of a child at High Plains you are part of the PTCO -- that's Parent, Teacher, Community Organization. You are invited to attend our PTCO Information Meetings in the High Plains cafeteria.
The dates and times for the PTCO Information Meetings for the year are:
- Thursday, August 22 at 8:00 am; State of the School Address
- Wednesday, January 22 at 8:00 am; Roundtable Discussion of Current Topics
- Thursday, April 16 at 8:00 am; Coffee with a Campus Representative
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continued support of High Plains Elementary!
High Plains PTCO President