Coordinator: Summer Kavanaugh
STEAM at Greenwood Elementary is a cross-curricular program that incorporates Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics in a project-based learning environment. Students will use and build upon their skills in all of these areas as they tackle challenges throughout the year. The goals of our STEAM program include increasing the number of students who are excited about science, engineering, and mathematics and are producers of digital content, rather than just consumers of it. In addition, students will develop their growth mindset as they continually challenge themselves to use engineering setbacks as inspiration for improvement as they implement the Engineering and Design Process.
STEAM at Greenwood helps students:
- Become more creative, logical and organized thinkers and problem-solvers
- Develop their awareness of both global and local issues
- Design solutions for the issues they care about
- Increase their technological, scientific and mathematical literacy
- Explore their creative nature as Makers, Artists, and Engineers
Students explore STEAM as part of the Specials rotation. Activities include coding, robotics, engineering with Legos and other tools, computer science, project based challenges and student-driven projects.