Welcome to fourth grade!
Learning can and should be fun; therefore we give our students many opportunities to experience learning through hands-on, meaningful activities. In fourth grade, students must begin to take a gradually increasing role in the management of their own learning and growth. Our goal is to help our students develop a greater sense of confidence in themselves and foster stronger relationships with those in their learning community. We believe with guidance and teamwork, every child will become a fully responsible person, who is excited about learning and life, and cares for and respects others in a safe environment.
Bridges in Mathematics
The focus is on number sense rather than rote memorization of algorithms.
Units of Study:
- Multiplicative Thinking
- Multi-digit Multiplication and Early Division
- Fractions and Decimals
- Addition, Subtraction, and Measurement
- Geometry and Measurement
- Multiplication and Division, Data and Fractions
- Patterns and Problems
- Focus on narrative, informational, and persuasive essays
- Grammar and Mechanics
- Focus on informational and fiction texts
- Genre study
- Sun, Moon, and Planets
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Colorado History