Rules for use of the West Carpool Lot:
• Follow the directions of staff members.
• Drivers with 4 or more Challenge School students, in the morning and afternoon, 5 days per week may use the west carpool lot.
• After submitting your west carpool lot registration for your carpool, each driver will be issued a pass. Display the pass in the car windshield ON THE PASSENGER SIDE at all
• Loading or unloading of students must be done ONLY while parked along the red curb OR while parked in a parking space. Do not stop in the middle of the traffic lane to pick
up or unload students.
• Pull close to the red curb. Do not block the through traffic.
• In the morning, if the bus has not arrived yet, do not block the bus driver’s ability to turn the corner to park the bus along the north curb. Stay at least 3 car lengths back from the
corner along the east curb.
• Fill in the space toward the car in front of you.
Way to Go Schoolpool Registration
Join Challenge School’s Schoolpool program to connect with other families to drive, walk or bike to school together. We are pleased to partner with Schoolpool, a program to help parents get their students to/from school. It’s free and there is no obligation to participate. Schoolpool is a service of Way to Go, a federally funded program of the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG).
How Does Schoolpool Work?
1. Create an account and register your household address or intersection here: https://mywaytogo.org/s/schoolpool-chal9659lenge (To maintain the highest level of privacy and security, this link is the only way for Challenge School participants to register.)
2. Add comments to indicate special requests or preferences, such as “can provide morning rides in exchange for afternoon rides,” “student is in after-school actives,” or “looking for a walk buddy in the mornings.”
3. Find and contact interested Challenge School families in your neighborhood or along your drive to/from school. Challenge School has partnered with Way to Go to offer this program to our parents as a free service with the goal of reducing traffic congestion and minimizing the stress of getting children to and from school.
Rest assured, your information will only be shared with participating Challenge School families. No one else will ever see your information, unless you elect to share your information with families at other schools. The Schoolpool secure mapping service can be used for trip planning, or emergency trips and is a great resource to meet nearby families for other reasons such as play-dates and baby sitters. The more families that register, the more likely you are to find good matches.
Contact Way to Go at 303-458-7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Information is provided for your use only. Challenge School and Way to Go do not run background checks, confirm valid driver’s licenses or assess insurance coverage on participants. Potential users are advised to screen participants to their personal satisfaction and check their own insurance coverage for carpooling to ensure that they are covered under these voluntary arrangements. No drivers, vehicles or insurance are provided.