- Polton Elementary School
- Second Grade
- 5th year at Polton Elementary
- 3rd and 2nd, Special Ed. Experience
- MI – IL – PA – CO
- Michigan State University
- Graduate School at DePaul University, Chicago
- Moved to Colorado 5 years ago
- Sam – 1 year old
I love reading, hiking, snowboarding and traveling with my family!
- 8th year at Polton Elementary
- Taught 11 years in 1st and then moved to second.
- My life partner’s name is Mark
- We love to hike, camp and mountain bike.
Both my parents were born here in Colorado.
My passion is to make sure that my students all make of over a year’s progress in reading, writing and math, but also encourage my kids to achieve a growth mindset toward learning and growing throughout their lives.
A few facts about me…
I have been teaching for a very long time. I feel blessed to be in a profession that I still love after all these years. I enjoy taking classes and staying current on new strategies and teaching techniques. I have been a classroom teacher in all grades K-7th with the exception of 5th grade. For several years, I also taught Learning Disabilities, as well as, Title math and reading.
I have two daughters. My older daughter, Lannie, is in new home sales and my younger daughter, Jessie, teaches first grade at Eastridge ( just up the road).
I keep busy with lots of activities. I like to ski, hike, swim, read, sing in a choir, golf and play tennis.
I’m very happy to be teaching second grade. I feel excited to learn a new curriculum and to be part of an amazing team of teachers. It’s going to be a great year!
- Married 28 years and have two children ages 20 and 18
- New Jersey:
- BS Rutgers University
- M.Ed. Regis University
- Lived in Colorado for last 30 years
- Teacher at Polton for 8 years. Worked in Cherry Creek District for 11 years.
- Gifted and Talented
I love to hike, swim, ski, bike, read, listen to music and travel with my family.