- Meadow Point Elementary School
Cherry Creek Schools helps ensure summer meals for children in the community
One in six children in Colorado don’t have access to foods needed to thrive. Kids that miss out on proper nutrition during the summer are more likely to experience learning loss and develop long-term health consequences. The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) is about serving kids across the community with free meals during the summer when they do not have access to school meals. The SFSP provides free, nutritious meals to children 18 years of age and under at approved sites in areas with high concentrations of low-income children.
To find summer meal sites anywhere in Colorado, visit kidsfoodfinder.org or text ‘Food’ or ‘Comida’ to 304-304.
Cherry Creek School District is proud to provide the Summer Food Service Program for our community at the following sites this summer:
DATES: Monday through Friday, June 5 – July 27, closed June 19th, July 3rd & 4th
Lunch service is from 11:00am-12:30pm
- Canyon Creek Elementary School – 6070 S. Versailles Pkwy, Aurora, CO 80015
- Eastridge Community Elementary School - 11777 E. Wesley Ave, Aurora, CO 80014
- Independence Elementary School – 4700 S. Memphis St, Aurora, CO 80015
- Red Hawk Ridge Elementary School – 16251 E. Geddes Ave, Aurora, CO 80016
- Sunrise Elementary School – 4050 S. Genoa Way, Aurora, CO 80013
- Village East Elementary School – 1433 S. Oakland St, Aurora, CO 80012
In conjunction with Aurora Public Schools – outdoor service from 11:30-12:30 at
- Utah Park – 1800 S. Peoria St, Aurora CO 80012
- Mission Viejo Park – 3999 S. Mission Pkwy, Aurora, CO 80013
Menus for Cherry Creek Summer Sites can be found at LINQ Connect - Making Schools Stronger Family Portal. Click on “Check Menu” and select your school location and dates. APS menus can be found at Nutrislice | Aurora Public Schools.
The Summer Food Service program is funded by the USDA and helps schools and community-based sites offer free meals to kids and teens through the summer.